1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Well I sure got a Christmas surprise! *pics included*

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SkyeTiger, Dec 23, 2016.

1. SkyeTiger

SkyeTiger Senior Member

I have five bunnies... three females I got from a friend and two females I got from a breeder. Well they are all in the same huge cage (that basically takes up my entire heated garage). They were getting a long wonderfully... until the other night I noticed them really fighting. So I removed the two from the breeder (they were the ones causing all the issues). That was Monday night... so Tuesday morning I go in to feed them and what do I find but this....

bunnies.jpg

BABIES! I was SHOCKED... because I was positive I had all girls. Well obviously I was wrong haha So now... I checked the two from the breeders and yep def one of them is a boy. I just trust the breeder and took her word for it. UGh haha So I could be having anywhere from 2-3 more litters if he caught all of the other females. I am like oh crap how am I going to take care of all of these bunnies and where am I going to put all of them?! But, at the same time I'm really excited. :p They will be ready to wean/sell by Easter so hopefully that works out.

I thought I would make a thread and update everybody on their growth and progress. So definitely keep checking this for pic updates. :)

Here they are at two days old.. definitely seven babies in there!

bunnies2.jpg

At four days old... (today) starting to get their fur.

bunnies3.jpg

bunnies4.jpg

I'm actually surprised that in 4 days there hasn't been another litter. So who knows maybe he only got on of them pregnant or they were all like a week apart. We will see!

I will keep you up to date on this litter and any more if they come along. :) I thought this would be a fun thread! hehe Instead of the crazy cat lady I'm going to be the crazy bunny lady bahahaha

Daddy is on the right (when he was a baby)

lop girls.jpg

Momma is front left... when she was a baby.

mommabun.jpg

2. loom

loom Senior Member

Yikes! Congratulations! I hope you removed daddy!

3. Sarai

Sarai Senior Member

Have fun with them! Baby bunnies are the cutest things on earth to watch grow up cause they grow SO fast! Looking forward to updates.. Good idea, the thread!
    But wow, is daddy EVER a stunner! Mom too!
    Congrats and I hope you have another, separate place for daddy, or will be taking him to the vet soon to get him neutered.

Alsosusieq2 and SkyeTiger like this.
  4. Sarai

Sarai Senior Member

BTW what breed is dad?

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. IslandPony89

IslandPony89 Senior Member

Im starting to really love bunnies. We adopt some out at work so ive had to handle some and while they still make me nervous. I try to bring in some treats for them

Alsosusieq2, SkyeTiger and Sarai like this.
  6. SkyeTiger

SkyeTiger Senior Member

Daddy was removed the night before she had babies just because they were fighting so bad. Little did I know any of them were pregnant. They are prego annoyed Mommies and he was bothering them. :(

Daddy is a mini broken chestnut lop. His name was Anastasia... and yeah don't know what it is now. haha Naughty!!! for getting all of my girls pregnant. LOL

7. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Casanova? You're lucky she didn't eat the babies being so stressed about him being there. Thank goodness you got him out! They're adorable. I love bunnies and baby bunnies are some of the cutest things out there.

8. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

Love bunnies. We raised a couple hundred at a time growing up, all meat rabbits.

Please, please don't sell these bunnies for Easter. I'd hold them until well after the holiday before selling them. Too many people buy bunnies for their kids for Easter and have zero clue how to care for a rabbit. Once the novelty is worn out, you'd be amazed how many end up in shelters or even worse, released into the wild. Easter is the worst :/

9. Orlandotrails

Orlandotrails Senior Member

Yay! Baby bunnies are so much fun...I currently have two litters, one a week old, and one almost 3 weeks old. Twelve babies on total! Congrats!

Alsosusieq2 and SkyeTiger like this.
  10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Well you got a Christmas surprise. Yikes and congrats at the same time-!!

SkyeTiger likes this.