Well ended up in the news

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Sep 8, 2017.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

Did yours come in a box for hiking boots?

2. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

I won't know till tomorrow. But since it's the motor I'm going to guess it will be smaller then a boot box.

3. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

So the furnace works now. I got home today instead of yesterday due to weather. I pulled over half way home after almost sliding into a guardrail and not being able to see.
    Would rather pay for a hotel instead of a hospital bill.
    Walked into the house to a working furnace. Nice and toasty inside. Had the tech come anyways so I can get a quote on a new furnace for when this one does croak. Till then he agreed to wait till it actually dies.
    Phew missed that nightmare.

ginster, manesntails, Arem and 3 others like this.
  4. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Well furnace died again

5. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

What?
    You have a warrantee don't you? This is not the time of year to have no working furnace.

I got a new HVAC in November. They pulled out the whole thing, both inside and the fan thingy in the box outside, replaced both units for 6 grand.
    The heating unit had pooped out but the AC still worked. Since the whole thing was 26yrs old, I thought it wise to go ahead and get it all replaced at the same time.

It has a 10 year warrantee on parts, 1yr on service. They also offered a 5yr installment payment plan through Wells Fargo with low, interest free payments, so long as you do not miss a payment or pay late. I didn't need that, took the money out and paid in full, but it was a good deal anyway.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

The old furnace started working so due to the fact a new one is $3g we decided to wait. Hoping it would last till spring since that's when that half of the house is scheduled to be gutted. The subfloor it is sitting on needs to go.
    But alas the furnace has other plans. Such as dying at midnight. I noticed it wasn't working when I sat down next to a vent and cold air was coming out. I pulled the front off the furnace and watched it for a minute and sure enough it released the gas which I could small and it didn't ****ing light.
    New Motor and new igniter so it has to be the board.
    We are debating between a new board or a new unit all together. This furnace is 23yo so its past its prime.
    I have a space heater so I still got my sleep and my dog and cat are warm.

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.