Weird habits

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by NBChoice, Apr 20, 2017.

1. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

As I was doing my weird habit, I realized how strange it was and then wondered what strange habits other people have. Just thought it would be a fun/funny thread!

My weird habit is...
    When I get a cup or a glass for a drink, before I fill it with my drink, I always smell inside the cup/glass first. Every time.

What's yours?!

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I don't know if it's so weird, but anytime I'm using a utensil I rinse it with cold water all over. It makes it easier to clean to me as things don't stick. Not if its for frying though.;)

3. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

I do the same thing!!!

NBChoice likes this.
  4. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

You do?! Hahaha, how funny!

5. RelaxMax

RelaxMax Senior Member

I actually do this exact same thing because my dishwasher isn't all that reliable.

I wake up in the middle of the night, every single night, between like 2-3 am, to go drink milk out of the carton. If we're out of milk, I will drink WHATEVER is readily available that isn't water -- tonic, creamer, juice, who cares. I drink only water all day long??? so I don't get it.

6. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

I break all the clips off my pens. Bending, mostly, but also chewing.

It is a joke in the office that we can always tell which pens are mine.

Nu5ha, NBChoice, Sam C. and 2 others like this.
  7. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I had a habit of driving home from work with my pen still in my hand. My boss caught me dumping my purse out one day when I was bringing them back. He was supper cheap, and it drove him nuts. After that I bought my own pens. Lol

Nu5ha, NBChoice and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

I count stairs. As soon as I start going up or down a flight of stairs, I automatically start counting. It's completely unconscious and I've done it all my life. Pretty sure it's an OCD thing. I know how many steps every flight of stairs I regularly use has. It's weird.

Sometimes, I find that I've kept going after I've finished going up or down and I'm counting my footsteps. It sort of annoys me because it's so senseless and random. But I have to be really focused and thinking about it to not do it and since it doesn't hurt anything, that seems like too much effort. :p

9. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

@bellalou

Twelve steps for seven foot ceiling (standard height steps). Twenty two steps with a split landing for twelve foot ceilings. Steps with short rises have more steps and the count varies by the height from bottom step to landing.

What?

That's totally normal.
    What else is there to do while climbing steps?

10. slc

slc Senior Member

It's very difficult for me to shift from one activity to another. It's called Perseveration, if I spell it right. I have to practically beat myself up to get myself off a horse once I get on(I have a big watch and have to keep looking at it and have a schedule to follow), out of a chair once I sit down, etc. Anything. My idea of hell is 'running a bunch of errands'. "Different stores?!?! GAH!!!!"

Probably no one here has noticed, since I keep my posts so short....(HAHAHAHAHAHA).

Binca, ginster, foxtrot and 5 others like this.