washing the funk away.

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by QHgin, Jan 8, 2019.

1. QHgin

QHgin Senior Member

I have several white English saddle pads that have gotten really funky on the underside and a few have mildew spots from getting wet and setting in my car over night. I tried soaking them in vinegar and then washing in the super cycle but they come out looking the same. Any ideas or tricks to getting them clean other than bleach? I was thinking maybe some type of foaming cleaner that hooks to a hose and using a pressure washer maybe????

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Lemon and salt might work, try hitting Google on that. Seems there's a combo that usually is used for yellowing antiques, but it's not exclusive to that. Since it's gentle, it might work. Good luck-!!

4. ColorMyWorld

ColorMyWorld Senior Member

I have heard taking them to a manual car wash and clipping them to the area made for car mats, then using the pressure washer, works. Have not tried it personally though. Also maybe trying an overnight soak in oxy clean?

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. sherian

sherian Senior Member

I use bleach. be careful with anything other than detergents labeled for sensitive skin, delicates or babies - a lot of aggressive cleaners or things like colour guard or perfumes can give your horse a nasty reaction.