Vesper's thread

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Winchester, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Also if anyone is interested you can follow me on Instagram - it's basically just photos of Vesper. My husband makes an appearance occasionally :ROFLMAO:

@ehotwheels

2. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Happy 17th (holy!) birthday to Her Ladyship today! Can't believe she's 17... (Ok, there's a really slim chance that she's actually 16, but based on some evidence it's more likely she's a 2000 model)

I was looking for a young, freshly-broke gelding that I could bring along as a jumper, but due to a miscommunication, the gelding I was expecting to see was not actually at the barn. They didn't have any other horses that fit my criteria, but they did have an older mare in my price range if I wanted to see her? "No mares and nothing over 7" were my two rules, but I was already there and figured I'd be polite by getting in the saddle for 5 minutes and then declining.
    FB_IMG_1488311169760.jpg

I was presented with a very wooly brown mare with a jug head who was apparently 13. The only appealing thing about her was her thick, "baroque-y" neck and her solid build.

7 minutes into our ride, I knew I was lost.
    IMG_20170301_064727_529.jpg

It's been 2 years of tears, joys, and great growth. I have never ridden such a talented horse, and I have grown exponentially in the 2 years we have been partnered up. She has taken me to places that I didn't imagine I would ever have the confidence to go, and I can't wait for the fun we will have this year.
    FB_IMG_1486504233219.jpg

My marvelous moose :heartbeat:
    FB_IMG_1482426520995.jpg

3. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Well happy Birthday gorgeous :cheerleader:

Lol on your buying story, there was no way I was going to buy the white eyed upheaded red mare, then I got on her.....I think it took about 5 strides!

Alsosusieq2 and Winchester like this.
  4. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Alsosusieq2 and mooselady like this.
  5. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

Happy birthday!!! Hope for many more years of amazing adventures for the both of you.

I think most of us had a horse we never thought we would buy but ended up buying somehow or another. I'm in that group also.

Alsosusieq2, Winchester and mooselady like this.
  6. CoopersPprScpr

CoopersPprScpr Senior Member

Happy birthday Vesper!! I love reading your adventures:loveflag:

Alsosusieq2 and Winchester like this.
  7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Well a Happy Birthday to the lovely lady is in order-!! Witchcraft indeed, it'll grab you but on her part it makes good sense.

Enjoy, many more carrots your way-!!

Winchester and mooselady like this.
  8. Winchester

Winchester Senior Member

Eons since an update, mostly because I've been working crazy hours (excellent for the wallet, miserable for the rider) and there hasn't been much to post about... I started a blog (thebaybondgirl.wordpress.com) and intended to move all of my updates over there, but again, just got too busy to make it happen as often as I planned. Also hard to blog when each day is like, "Today we hacked. Today we jumped a course. Today we did trails."

The main thing consuming us right now is an imminent, unexpected move. I was expecting to stay at our current, marvelous facility permanently, however the circumstances changed abruptly and with only 2 weeks notice my board cost was going to increase by $150, which is so far beyond my budget it's not even funny... Thankfully I have a friend who offered her place as a temporary situation, however I am 99.9% sure I've found where we're going to move to instead. I am just waiting to hear back the results of their hay testing so I can determine if it will suit Ms Stomach and her metabolic "issues". Also I'm probably going to lose my awesome leasor as she can't travel that far, which stinks.

Also trying to organize my summer, which includes a whole ton of (mostly church related) extracurricular activities, possibly a theatre production and the horse shows I want to attend. I'm aiming for a horse trial at the beginning of September, and I want to fit at *least* one H/J show in before that, probably in June, to get us tuned up. Not going to lie, I reaaally want to do this Shakespeare play, but it takes up a huge chunk of my summer and part of me just wants to focus on my riding instead. It would just delay me another year until I could do the next production, and I tend to get a bit stir crazy if I don't get to do a play per year. Ugh, priorities.

And I'm supposed to be getting a "real life adult" job starting in May once the TV show I'm working on wraps up for the season. So many things ATM that my brain hurts a bit!

Ms Mare is doing excellent, other than being a bit of a menace to her paddock buddy. The weather is finally showing signs of drying out, so I'm planning to try and hit up our XC park in short order to start playing around and building our fitness. Also trying to be more consistent in asking for (and maintaining) correct contact when we ride, instead of being lazy and allowing heavy front-loading.

Alsosusieq2 and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.