1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Using horse clippers on dogs???

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by ArabianFanatic, Mar 15, 2011.

1. jmjarabians

jmjarabians Senior Member+

Yes they do, however they don't work the other way around! LOL I bought some dog clippers at wally world and killed them within 10 minutes and was only shaving bridepaths and whiskers......

2. MysticRealm

MysticRealm Senior Member

High quality clippers will work on either.

3. Roleysnewmom

Roleysnewmom Senior Member

You absolutely can. I have a half pomeranian half puggle who has the thickest sheep hair ever. Luckily not long like a pom, but thick as wool. I shave him down every other month when it gets warm out. And I use my Oster clippers. I've found they actually work a lot better than the "dog clippers" I bought for him. Ofcourse these blades are more expensive to replace, but at the end of the day it's still tons cheaper than taking him to the groomer to be shaved down. The most important part is the same as horses; make sure the dog is squeaky clean before clipping and it will make the job look better and be easier on your blades.

4. ArabianFanatic

ArabianFanatic Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Time to go clipper shopping :)

5. MysticRealm

MysticRealm Senior Member

petedge.com