USDF Breed Show

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by greenpaintpony, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I hope she ends up winning. :ROFLMAO:

endurgirl and greenpaintpony like this.
  2. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

(Un)fortunately for us, we have some pretty good breeders in the area, so while the show is small, the horses should be quite nice. I'm really interested to see how she scores though (until the 'show off the trot' portion :faint::rofl:)! I figure it'll be a good learning experience for both of us at least!!

And @manesntails! I loved your story!! Forgot to say that!

Alsosusieq2, manesntails and Arem like this.
  3. jojozwiebel

jojozwiebel Full Member

This is all different than QH shows... For showmanship and halter, the horse is supposed to be spotless with little bands, hoof polish, and a razored face!

Just thought the difference was neat. Good luck!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

I hope you have a good time.... I really enjoy the sport horse shows, they tend to have more owners that ride and show and keep heir horses at home.... and it is all about continued learning and growing as a team with your horse. Most People are are happy regardless of their placing as long as their score improved.

Alsosusieq2 and greenpaintpony like this.
  5. slc

slc Senior Member

I would not use a white cotton lead shank. I'd get or borrow a nice leather one. It would be a good idea to study the diagrams in the USEF rules for the figures you would be doing with the horse, and to practice them before you go. Watch a couple sport horse classes on line to see how they are run and what you'll have to do.

greenpaintpony likes this.
  6. Preppy_Ponies

Preppy_Ponies Senior Member

Here’s a useful link for how to do rosette braids with a video at the bottom. The amount of poof on the crest can be controlled by making the braid tighter or looser in the first few crossovers as well as the angle you start the braid at (up or down). Play with it to figure out what you like and what looks best.

Dressage Button Braids with Yarn - so easy!

Alsosusieq2 and greenpaintpony like this.
  7. greenpaintpony

@Kristal H I'm actually really excited about it! It seems like it's a pretty good atmosphere and a good group of people and horses. I'm also just looking forward to seeing how Hero behaves at her first show!

@slc I think I do have a leather lead, so I'll use that. And we're practicing the triangles tonight!

@Preppy_Ponies that video is great! Thank you! We're going to try all the braiding options tonight. I'll post pictures and see what works best!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

is the show this weekend?

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  9. greenpaintpony

Yes!! Hero is bathed and drying and I'm heading back to the barn early tomorrow to braid and haul her over. Our go time is 10:15!

Crossing my fingers now and hoping she's well behaved tomorrow; that's our only goal for the show!

Arem and Larkspade like this.
  10. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

yay!!! goodluck!!!!

greenpaintpony likes this.