US Kill Buyer List

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by FancyASB, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

Most likely I would think.

2. Pacing Lady

Pacing Lady Senior Member

If they go through an auction, there is usually a vet there to do the coggins on the spot, so that cancels out the need for a permit to ship without one. I assume most feedlots and such would have a vet on hand to do such standard paperwork as well. I dont know how they would be able to reuse a horse's coggins because on the Canadian border anyways, the coggins and health papers are stamped on both sides of the border for export as well as import, so if you come back with papers but no stamp saying the horse was imported back into the states, they would reject the paperwork trying to use it on export a horse that shouldn't be in the states to be able to export. IDK, just saying thats how it works for us to cross the border with the racehorses so I'm not sure how they could reuse a coggins or health papers from a "delivered" horse. But people do go to some great lengths to break the law so it wouldn't surprise me if those claims are true.

2 people like this.
  3. P.A. Farms

P.A. Farms Banned

You may have to keep an eye on this thread Tony because the way this normally works is that no matter who has been offended by what was said, and even though Fancy has taken it down, many times the moderators will come back and restore the offensive content and just tell you that you need a thicker skin. If that happens you will see that the last person who edited the post was someone other than Fancy...and that won't be Fancy's fault so you'll have to take it up directly with the forum administration. I don't know how much of your nephew's law practice is devoted to representing people who have been wrongfully accused of horse abuse, but he could probably have himself a real class-action field day here on HGS.

1 person likes this.
  4. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply here but let me set you straight. The forum is NOT liable for the content posted by the users.. the users are liable. And if someone edits a post to alter the meaning of a thread then you bet we will restore it because that violates forum rules. However, if they choose to addend a thread because new information has come to light, that's different.

Your disdain of the mods is not lost on us. You've made your point but I'm going to make it clear that our actions are not underhanded. We enforce the rules plain and simple with no ulterior motive. Fancy is responsible for her content and Tony's issue would be with her, not HGS.

5. Nafefarms

Nafefarms Full Member

I just want my name taken off all references to that infernal list, plain and simple. I've gotten it off 3 other forums today and two blogs without having to use the injunction. We have the paperwork filed, hoping we don't have to pull the trigger on it. My attorney says that the person who posts is the one liable without question. Most forums state clearly in their terms that they are not liable for content posted by members and I respect that. The only exception would be if the forum refused to let the poster take it down, then they make themselves party to it. I can't imagine that would happen. As the moderator said "if new information comes to light, that's different". Since I have never sold a horse at slaughter, this is obviously "different" it's not about thicker skin, this is a legitimate legal issue. No forum that I've ever known of wants to get themselves in the middle of that.

7 people like this.
  6. magichotshot

magichotshot Registered

Finally !

Finally someone is going to hold FancyASB accountable !!! This woman continually spews her hate and nonfactual information on a regular basis. Her favorite saying is "my sources" but never has facts to back up her claim. I have been watching her for quite some time. She posts bold face lies that would be hysterically funny if they didn't cause damage to people's reputation. I will be sure to pass along your contact information so that various individuals, groups, rescues can use it to stop her in her tracks.

1 person likes this.
  7. Tami J Hottes

Tami J Hottes Registered

I just found out about a kill buyer by the name of Songbird. He was at an auction in Alabama this past weekend. My friend pulled a 3 year old, in foal off of his truck. He still took a whole truckload to slaughter..... Breeding should be regulated and back yard breeders fined!

8. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I know one on there... he's not a bad guy at all, actually. And also, if there was a market to raise horses for food in the US like there is for other livestock (b/c horses ARE livestock) , I'd do it. I like it. It's the best steak I've ever had. Just sayin...

ChestersMomma, JStorry and equinitis like this.
  9. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

How would this be done?

"Kill buyer" is a buzz word used to make money off the horses. End of story. Most "Kill buyers" actually make their money off trading, buying and selling to folks, no to slaughter. I don't think there is even such a thing as kill buyer in the horse world. There are traders for sure. They buy at this auction and sell at the next, hopefully for a profit, or they buy what they think a customer is looking for.

If people would do a little investigating, they would understand there is very little money in selling equines to slaughter. That pregnant 3 year old was not likely going to slaughter since slaughtering obviously pregnant mares is illegal.

The other side of that is there are far worse things than having a miserable ride in a packed trailer to having your throat cut or a captive bolt rendering instant brain death and ending up on someone's plate. I've seen the far worse things.

10. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

^love this post!! Yep, the supposed "kill buyers" have QUITE a profitable business going on.....duping people into thinking the horses they put "bail" on, are going to slaughter. They tug at the heart strings folks...knowing FULL well someone will buy the horse thinking they are "saving" it. They make a bigger profit this way than selling by the lb.

Arem, Alsosusieq2, equinitis and 2 others like this.