US Kill Buyer List

Discussion in 'Horse Rescue / Adoption' started by FancyASB, Dec 22, 2014.

1. FancyASB

FancyASB Senior Member+

KILL BUYERS OF HORSES UNITED STATES

Kill Buyer List as of August 31, 2013
    United States KB’s:
    Anton Wald-LA
    Arlow Kiehl-NY
    Bill Richardson-Texas
    Bob Remmington
    BILL BROWN - OREGON 43' Straight Deck also has son that is a KB
    Bobby Brown
    Donny Knowlen, Washington and Sunnyside Kill Lot/Yard
    Phil Metcalf
    Bob Wilcox, NY. : Will promice to provide your horses with “forever loving homes” and sells directly to slaughter.
    BRENDA HEMPHILL, Maine
    Brian Moore-PA
    Bruce Rotz – under contract to buy horses for the Canadian meat company Viande Richelieu
    Charlie Carter-CO
    Charles Nielson
    Chuck Walker-WA Owns Feedlot in WA that ships to Florence Packing Feedlot in WA that ships to Bouvry Canada.
    Cody Lloyd – DE (New Holland – Front Royal)
    Dale Gilbreath
    Dale Haley-IN
    Danny Rice-KY
    Dave Harriman-WA
    Dave Hermanson-ND
    David Misner-CA (Los Angeles area)
    Dennis Chavez-NM Ships to Mexico Monte Clark
    Dennis Kunz
    Donny knowlen, WA -- also owns KB Lot at Sunnyside, Washington- he ships from
    Dennis Smebakken-SD
    Don Nickerson-NY Buys at New Holland Ships to Canada
    Don Wright-KY
    Dorian Ayache, Lebanon, TN owner of the 36 horses involved in trailer wreck on their way to slaughter

ELDON TOWNSEND -- KB and Raises Horse for Slaughter outside of Corbett, Oregon along the I-5 Freeway
    Eggburt_OH
    Frank Carper
    Fred Bauer-Oh
    Gary Hart-CA
    Garry Morris
    George Baker-OK
    Harriman-WA
    IW Ward-Texas
    Jack Guir
    Jack Hannah- MN
    Jack Paluso-OR
    Jack Reinert-SD
    Jason and Buck Ryan-KY
    Jeff Smith-KS
    Jeron Gold-MI
    Jodie Ramey-KY
    Joe Simon-MN
    John White
    Josh McKay-WV
    Kelsey Lefever – “horse trainer” has sent over 120 horses to slaughter
    Landfair Brothers-OH
    Larry Gregory
    Leroy Baker-OH
    Les and Jack Ryan-WA
    Manny Phelps-CA
    MIKE MCBARRON – TX
    Mike O’Connal SD
    Monte Clark
    Monzerat Munoz-TX
    Ole Olson, Meadow Valley Ranch, Elko, Nv.
    Randal Patrick and daughter
    Randy Musick-SD
    Randy Smith-KS
    Ray Barrett (Barry)-CA (Stockton – Turlock area)
    Richard Godbout-MN
    Ron Andio-OH
    Russell-CA
    Ryon Simon-MN
    Sam Slusher
    Samantha Panayotopulos Milbredt runs the website Rebels Equine Feedlot Sales
    Ted Kerst-WA
    Terry Lee Brooke-MO
    Terry Saulters-Texas
    Trent Ward – TX Charlie Carter – CO
    Vern Ring-NJ (phone # is 609 992 6740)
    Wade Giles-CA
    Chuck Walker

Landfair Bros. SL Stables, Oh.
    The Landfair Brothers attend the Sugarcreek, Oh auction. They also advertise in a little paper called “The Vender,” that sits on a bench at the auction. He is listed on the list of licensed livestock dealers for the state of Ohio. He also uses the name SL stables. Ohio livestock dealer # for 2007 is 99. He has a brother that is also on the list of dealers. His brothers name is Donald E. Landfair 4899 E. Moreland Rd. Fredericksburg, Oh 44627 330-698-1363 Holems County, Oh.Livestock dealer license No. for 2007 is 114.

AND ALSO:
    Daily Farms Dot# 7877912 Plates off of trailer
    Ole Olson Xena/Zena
    787912? right dot # for Dairy farms truck

Ole Olson -- 1 Frontier Drive, Elko, Nevada 89801 also business: Meadow Valley ranch Supply, trailer logo also, on horse trailer.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  2. Ghostrider58

Ghostrider58 Senior Member

What's your agenda in posting this list?

Instead of making the KBs out to be the bad guys, why not post the names and addresses of the OWNERS who took their horses to auction, knowing full well they'd most likely be picked up by KBs?

Harassing people just because you don't like what they're LEGALLY doing for a living is wrong, no matter how you try to spin it.

3. PamelaTX

PamelaTX Senior Member

I think, maybe, she's just making people aware in case one of these people try to buy your horse(s).
    Then you'd know they were up to no good.
    Although I don't know, just my thoughts on why.

2 people like this.
  4. Charliemyheart

Charliemyheart Senior Member

Sorry Fancy but really why not go after the ones at fault not the middle man? Cry out for owners to do the right thing, cry out for people who get their first horse to learn, but do not make the man or woman who might and many times is just doing their job. As long as there are stupid horse owner there will be kill buyers.

2 people like this.
  5. PamelaTX

PamelaTX Senior Member

I wouldn't go as far to say "As long as there are stupid horse owners there will be kill buyers."
    As long as there is a "need/market" for them there will be kill buyers.

3 people like this.
  6. Charliemyheart

I put in the stupid horse owners people who don't want to learn, people who breed for no reason other than to breed, and the people who are willing to let horses get sick and not get them vet care. Auction houses and kill buyers aren't the ones at fault for then number of horses being slaughtered it is the woman who had to breed her mare for that grade baby, the girl who was given a stud colt who tries to kill her, or the person who thinks because I can get my kid a pony for a 100$ I should.

7. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

There will always be a need for them. I am extremely disgusted that people think horses are "special" and all of them "deserve" to live out their lives AS IF they were HUMAN BEINGS.

PLEASE~!! They are livestock and when there is NO BUYER for them, they either are left to STARVE TO DEATH or you send them to slaughter.

I would like to make a law that all those people who vilify slaughter and kill buyers HAVE A NICE BIG TAX TO PAY. That tax would to keep all those hossies ALIVE, for their entire natural lifespan.

That'd shut them up.

Horses, thanks to THEM, ^^^ are worth ABSOLUTELY nothing. Anything with no market value is valueless and the more you make them valueless the worse their lives will be.

but, ALAS, none of them have the foresight or intelligence, evidently, to see this.

Not meant to offend those who are against slaughter but it IS a fact that this is the outcome, for the horses, when you become an anti-slaughter advocate: You are the one responsible for that horrible existence listed above and YOU should be the one to Pay for correcting that with that "special" tax for anti-slaughter advocates. BE the solution, not the problem. The problem isn't that horses are slaughter, it's that people think horses are as special as humans and don't deserve to go to slaughter. So, hey yeah, close the slaughter plants. That'll teach people they can not just send a horse away that they can't feed. They'll have to move it to the back of the property and starve it, instead. Makes the anti-slaughter folks happier than to think they went to a slaughter house, evidently.

Okay, rant over. But this just ticks me right off. Naivety and do-goodership that is, in actuality, a long and painful death sentence. All because they think their way is "better" and they're gonna show you what to do with your own "Livestock". Just ticks me off all the horses that have suffered BECAUSE of the anti-slaughter people..........WAY MORE HORSES HAVE SUFFERED because of them than have suffered BEING slaughtered and that's a bloody fact.

8. Charliemyheart

This is why kill buyers are needed
    [​IMG] Because the simple truth is you can't save them all. No matter how much you want to.

1 person likes this.
  9. ChestersMomma

ChestersMomma Senior Moderator Staff Member

I think it's nice to know who the kill buyers are because you can avoid them if you ever need to make a quick sale on a good horse, but even that doesn't guarantee the next guy won't sell 'your' horse to the KB.

I have no issues with horse slaughter in the US (or elsewhere), but we've been down this road before.....

10. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Kill buyers don't typically read horse for sale ads and go around rounding up horses to take to slaughter. They get so little for them and have to take them so far, they usually get them only from auctions. Very few people are at risk for having a Kill buyer call them about their riding horse for sale.

You want to give it away? Maybe but unless the kill buyer lives very close to you, he isn't going to find it profitable to come get your horse.