Update on the Twit

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Kitari, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Kitari

Kitari Senior Member

Figured I should do a quick update on my new girl.

So I bought her as a 7 y/o fixing to turn 8 year old 14.2 hony, and found out she was a recently turned 6 y/o 15hh horse.

Once she cleared her vet visit and all that other stuff I was cleared to move her into the barn. Did intros over the fence and all that fun stuff in an adjoining paddock. Initial turn out went very well, a bit of running around on her part, minimal drama when the others approached. Appeared to be a pretty smooth transition. Then someone went and bit her in the lady parts a few days later right after evening turnout. So we kept her in at night the last couple of nights, which she is fine with except during turnout when she decided she was going to go out and jumped the stall door. A scrape but otherwise fine. Now her window gets closed. Aside from evening turnout she is quite content to stand and eat hay, and suffer me treating her lady parts. She takes that as well as can be I suppose, doesn't offer to kick, and mainly hates me squirting her with the saline rinse.

We put her out last night with everyone else, she was, much to her dismay, required to be polite with leading, and standing, and "GTFOff my pant leg or Imma eat you!" aka not crowding. Her ground manners are improving though, and I am sure she has some pent up energy from staying in the past couple of nights.

I call her a twit a lot, she has young dumb brain going on. But she is settling in and learning the new routine. Can't wait to be done with being sick and crappy weather and be able to go out and actually spend some time with good groundwork sessions, I want to introduce her to ground driving, dragging things. But in the meantime, simple leading manners are fine for now.

Arem and manesntails like this.
  2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Um. I am sure you just forgot to add pics, right?:D
    There can never be enough pics.

qtrhrs, Winchester, Arem and 2 others like this.
  3. Kitari

Kitari Senior Member

Only new pic is one of her lady parts when she first got bit, the weather has been TERRIBLE.

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Didn't happen without photographical evidence. :no:

Nope. You have no new horse. :cool::D:ROFLMAO:

5. Kitari

Kitari Senior Member

6. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Varisha likes this.
  7. Kitari

Kitari Senior Member

Muahaha.

I do need to get some more though, I hope to get some this weekend at some point, Its supposed to finally be clearing up some.

8. Kitari

Kitari Senior Member

Here are a couple pics of the Twit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kitari

Kitari Senior Member

Nothing like a reminder as to why I bought this horse.

She is damned nice on the trail. Lead right off, no spooking, no looking, nothing and this is the first time I've ridden her since moving her the day after Christmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mooselady, Winchester, Sarai and 2 others like this.
  10. savethewhaley

savethewhaley Senior Member

Ooh, I really like those face markings...