Update on my standardbred Illusion. *Pictures of course!*

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Barrelracer318, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Barrelracer318

Barrelracer318 Senior Member

I don't have many pictures from this past weekend but we had a wonderful weekend! I mentioned in a previous post. I wanted to take Illusion to some winter jumper shows. We have only jumped up to 2' at shows but at home we have consistently been jumping 2'3" and 2'6". I decided to take him in the 2'6" division at the show since he is more than comfortable jumping 2'6" at home but I didn't want to push him at shows since he can get nervous in the show setting.

Illusion was absolutely wonderful! He didn't act nervous at all warming up or waiting for our round (which is a huge deal for him) . He didn't try to swing out a single time when horses passed and stood patiently while waiting. That in itself would have been a good enough show! There were quite a few other riders in our division. There were two courses one was for optimum time and one was for the fastest time.

Well... We placed second in both! I still can't believe it! He may not be the most graceful one out there, but he sure is a jumping beast!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry that this photo is so blurry but I couldn't disappoint and post an update with a very few amount of photos!
    [​IMG]
    He was obsessed with the handsome horse stuck in the mirror...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Congrats!!

Barrelracer318 likes this.
  3. Barrelracer318

Barrelracer318 Senior Member

Thank you!!

4. DelP

DelP Senior Member

I love seeing your updates! Go Illusion!!

Barrelracer318 likes this.