Unsound horse dont know what to do anymore.

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by Ottbaddict, Jul 25, 2018.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

All of them are not bad.

2. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

Granted. But the ones that the Cops use are on the News when the horses are confiscated and work closely with law enforcement. They aren't horselovers looking to scam the general public with fake cases so they can make a buck.

We have a rescue here that works with the Sheriff's dept. They are on TV all the time and the people who run it are well known and respected. Not a scam.

spec, ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Ottbaddict

Ottbaddict Registered

She isnt going anywhere and id never trust to rehome a horse like this. Its just frustrating when litterally everything happens all at once. Like i said its really more of just ranting my frustrations and seeing if anyone else had gone through the similar situation. I good money and paying for her vet bills is no problem, paying for hauling is no problem, i just litterally asked every hauler i knew of and they only make trips passing through they could not haul her back. Im not social so i dont really know anyone well enough to just ask to use or rent their trailer, and there are no boarders with a trailer at my barn.
    If i didnt have savings i wouldnt be building a paddock from scratch and a couple grand of hay just so i can keep my horses.

I called the vet clinic twice and they told me they would not come for xrays. But i got someone else to call who also needed her horses looked at and they had no problem bringing the portable xray machine down. (Grrrr.) so we are just waiting on results. However he could not tell me anything about her teats or sides. It wasnt bugging her the day that he came (could barely touch her in the area since march) and he didnt seem to believe that it was causing her pain before for months. Her teats are still all swelled up but hopefully it doesnt start causing her pain again.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. spec

spec Full Member

A trailer is very high on the list of necessities for owning horses and keeping them on your own property/not boarding IMO

tlwidener likes this.
  5. JinxedDream

JinxedDream Senior Member

Easier said than done in some areas... if the OP is in Ontario, you need a restricted A license to haul a trailer. I saw a really sad story the other night on FB about someone that also got a bad deal on a trailer purchase so you're not alone with that. I have a trailer here but can't use it my geldings are too tall.

OP I hope that there are some results you can work with on the x-rays.

spec and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. Ottbaddict

Ottbaddict Registered

Sadly having an actual place to keep them is even higher. I didnt choose to stop boarding. So most of the money i had for a trailer went towards getting setup.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.