Ulcers ...

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by kodemiester, Sep 30, 2018.

1. RusticR

RusticR Full Member

Tribute is the BEST! That’s what I feed and everyone compliments me on my horses coat and condition. I used Putin’s ultimate for years before switching and just wasn’t super happy especially since it was $26 a bag and the tribute is $16-$18 a bag

kodemiester likes this.
  2. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

Yeah, think I will go ahead with the Triple Crown feeds. They are much easier to get my hands on then the Tribute. If she doesnt do good on the TC, then I can order Tribute.

Ive heard super good things about the Tribute as well.. but TC is easier to get my hands on for now, so I think Ill try switching her over to that. I dont think the NSC % in strategy is doing her any favors.

LoveTrail likes this.
  3. RusticR

RusticR Full Member

No I don’t think it’s helping her. Plus Martini was on strategy when she was at the trainers as that is what they feed and it made her hotter to where she needed lunging before riding. She’s normally the laziest thing ever. She’s a slug.

So I’ve never been impressed with it. Have heard really good things about TC though. We don’t have anywhere within 2 hours that carries it so I’ve never tried it.

kodemiester likes this.
  4. kodemiester

So far not impressed with it.. Ace was on it off and on for a while and never really had any issues with it. I can get TC within 5 minutes of the barn, but not 100% sure what they carry. I know there is the TC Senior which wild work.. I texted a friend to see if she remembered what they carried. Big corporate type store so probably cant order anything unless i ordered by the pallet which wouldnt happen lol

The Tribute if she doesnt do well on the TC, I can get within 50 minutes of my house. Local vet carries it. She said they could order anything but they have the Kalm n SZ GC in stock.

ETA: Looks like the local store has TC Lite, TC Complete and TC Senior.

ETA #2: The TC Complete has a 20%NSC. The Senior has a 11%. Dont think the Lite will do what I want for her based off the description of the product.. looks like the TC Senior might be my ticket.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    LoveTrail likes this.
  5. Lopinslow

Lopinslow Senior Member

I have had April on TC Senior for a few months now. I originally switched to it from Primeglo as her doxy mixed in REALLY well with it. She really likes it.

I get it at Fleet Farm

LoveTrail and kodemiester like this.
  6. DelP

DelP Senior Member

FYI Chewy sells tribute and there is no shipping charge as long as you buy 2 or more bags.

7. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

They do? This is good to know!

kodemiester and DelP like this.
  8. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Yeah, someone else posted on the PSSM forum the exact same thing about horses with PSSM within hours of each other. I verified they were two different people. :)

9. kodemiester

Picked up a bag of TC Senior for Libby. I think I wil try her on a couple bags of it and see if that doesnt help a little.

GotaDunQH and LoveTrail like this.