TTC/Pregnancy/Baby support thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by IslandPony89, Jan 10, 2018.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I’m so glad that there are voices of reason speaking up here, so many considerations when deciding to be a parent, first of which should be are we stable, emotionally and financially to take on this responsibility.

2. AprilBride2012

AprilBride2012 Senior Member

And to play devils advocate, there is never a perfect time to have a baby. There will always be a reason not to have a baby.

As a mature adult, you have to ask yourself the hard questions. Financially, emotionally, mentally, physically, relationship-ly, housing-ly, environmentally.... All these things need to be in line before you add a child into the mix.

When we got pregnant with our first, the house we were in was infested with wild creatures, things eating dead wild creatures, insects, creepy crawlies..... You name it, it lived in our house. Exterminators came monthly and all the creatures would come back after a week. It was awful. We found out I was pregnant, and I decided I didn't want to see my baby cuddling cockroaches in her sleep, so we moved. We were financially able to do that. I needed therapy to be my best me, we were able to do that.

And so on and so forth.

ginster, Binca, froglander and 2 others like this.
  3. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

Excellent point. While there are no perfect times to have a baby, there are decidedly imperfect times/conditions. If you can't address the most important imperfections, it's time to think hard about what would be best for the baby.

AprilBride2012, Arem and mooselady like this.
  4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

This was probably not what you had in mind when you started this thread @IslandPony89 ....
    I am sure this is hard to swallow but I think you should take the time to think about this.
    You and your hubby are young and from all you shared here your financial situation is rocky....and you would probably benefit from some counseling more than fertility tests right now.
    You are dealing with a lot of things that are taking their toll emotionally.
    You should get some stability there before adding pregnancy hormones to the mix.