Trump seeking to deport US Citizens

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, Jul 6, 2018.

1. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

You truly think someone in the sky put Trump in charge for his gain?

What?? What is this carp?

Why can't we use LOGIC here? Instead of putting blame on some deity that has no existance other than in peoples' heads?

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  2. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

I assumed that would be your opinion, but I never claimed that God fosters evil. I said He allows it. There is a difference to me. And he will continue until the day that He does not. Any God *I* can completely understand I want no part of. I require a much higher being to be my God and would be disappointed with a sovereign being that was on my level. I'm not intelligent enough to create a universe or even learn everything about it. My God has more emotions, powers, and even creations I'm unware of.

And I do believe that God can use anyone evil or not to influence others for His gain. After all, my God is not just one of love but also of wrath and justice.

Trump is small potatoes to me and will answer for any bad lifestyle choices he's made and for the people he's influences wrongly. But I just want to save children from policies and laws that are made in spite of their well-being. :(

And no fights here! :) I think we are actually having an awesome discussion about this. Though I didn't intend to drag this much of God into this. Check my posts, this isn't something I usually go into.

I also have a brother-in-law that is being made a citizen tomorrow from Guatemala. What holds in store for him has yet to be seen. And he has taken all the necessary steps in this process of coming to the U.S. legally. But I won't hold my breathe that he will be allowed here forever:cautious: Even with the three korean children he's fostering to adopt. It's a real worry for our family that we might lose them to a deportation of a good hardworking father. We would be absolutely devastated.

3. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

So will you, with all the worries and strife that a Trump administration has brought upon you and your family, be likely to vote for him for a second term?

4. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

If I'm wrong, I'm not hurting anything and something still needs to be done for the citizens that may be deported or for the people that need asylum.

5. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

I didn't vote for him the first time around, and I won't the second time around he genuinely turns his life around and has an authentic change of heart. But how likely is that?:rolleyez:

And no one in my family voted for him either.

manesntails likes this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I have been so angry about his zero tolerance and need for expansion. Here are stats from our Border Patrol. Explain to me where the need for expansion is?

DgL6uGiUEAA9fdG.jpeg

This is all about money and it's a huge amount. One CEO alone made over $300 million. That's a motivator..

ginster and manesntails like this.
  7. manesntails

If you look at the bell curve for intelligence, you see the number of votes for and against him are in correlation with it.

If it had not been for the misuse of the electoral college, had that been used as it had been designed to be used: to keep incompetent people out of office by disqualification by the gentry, he would not have won.

States may regulate how voting is accomplished in each state, but they MAY NOT order electoral college delegates to vote a certain way, and they did just that. Not cool.

8. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

Oh if this is a debate on him being qualified to be our president the only thing to meet the office qualifications was his age.

To qualify for office it's like you have to be a dirtbag. And if you're being selfish and foolish that will totally lock you in.

mooselady and manesntails like this.
  9. manesntails

I agree except you forgot the religious right qualification.
    All he had to really do is convince the evangelicals and all others who seek to make abortion synonymous with murder, thereby giving them, through their wish to make their religion the law of the land, power to control others, the nod that he would be on “Their God's side“ and he had them.

Then add in extra voterss for the wall to keep the Mexicans out, the Travel ban to allay their fear of Muslims and their disdain for Mosques popping up and polluting their Christain skylines, and you have the perfect storm of White Supremacy in a perfect state of denial, but all too evident to ignore.

10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I just read earlier that a lot of thought is being given to not reporting on his rally's and giving him a platform. Huge things are being overshadowed by reports and they have a point. His lies etc are just being given a larger voice. Very good point IMO. I only read a post thread one reporter does that's basically transcripts on Twitter.

I wish I could link a video I watched as it was great. Relating the story of the rise of this leader that convinced a nation to succumb to their fears, racism and hate. Very well done assessment about what's happening now and how playing to fear is affective. It was about pre-war Germany. ;)

manesntails and ginster like this.