Trump seeking to deport US Citizens

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by slc, Jul 6, 2018.

1. slc

slc Senior Member

I'm trying to find more info about this headline.

An article on one website said Trump wants to find people who were granted citizenship 'incorrectly' and send them back to country of origin.

Still researching, will post what I find.

2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

3. slc

slc Senior Member

wow!!! I haven't had a chance yet to circle back and do some studying on this one so I really appreciate the links!

ginster likes this.
  4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

So, if while you are here, someone hits you with their car, you become disabled, can't work, collect foodstamps and become eligible for medicaid,...out you go~!!

Religious right my aaa, backside~!!
    Hateful, bigotted, white supremacists is more the title that rightfully applies to him and his supporters.

5. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

There is a lot of concern in the international adoption community about this as our kids automatically received citizenship as part of the process. While that was certainly very legal, the unpredictability of this administration about anything doesn't cause the concern to diminish since there's no assurance that only folks who did something untoward will be targeted long term.

ginster, RelaxMax, slc and 2 others like this.
  6. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

I agree. I don't understand what people see in him when the reasons they like him are not bible based. Do I think taking away gun rights is a bad move for Americans? Sure; Will it keep me on my Christian walk by having that gun or by standing for a man with so many poor choices backing him up but agrees with me on a few non-biblical concerning instances? No.

There is a line between judging someone's relationship with God and recognizing their character as a leader. Any person in position of leadership is subject to a lot of verbal abuse and speculation. The Bible in Matthew 7:20 says "Therefore by their fruits you will know them." This verse is aimed at leaders calling them false prophets just a few verses before.

If I had to describe Trump with one word, it would be foolish. And that is not to down him to others but to give him a fair assessment. His 'fruits' or lack therof have been talking crudely about women; even about his own daughter to the whole wide world. And that is NOT an honorable Christ-like man. Just one discrediable thing I've brought up.

mooselady and manesntails like this.
  7. manesntails

I am right there with you. I can not, for the life of me, understand how people take him at his word, for anything, let alone, being Christian, and cannot believe that sensible people cannot see him for who he is, a scheister.

He and Bannon got together, Bannon showed him how to win the “ anti Black man as president vote“, catering to theose who fear that whites will lose the majority vote and then be “subject to“ the whims and most likely, the revenge of blacks.

The above ia a REAL fear they have that, since living in the Bible Belt, I have learned of. To me, it is totally irrational, and this not all of it.

As a New Englander by birth, what the heck does a Southerner see in a New Yorker that was so reviled in his own State that nobody had a good word to say about him. New york state is not just liberal NY City, there's a whole big, upstate population as well.

And, they still back him no matter how low he stoops~!!

ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. lucky_pine

lucky_pine Senior Member

Separation of church and state. Does that not apply anymore?

ginster, Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.
  9. Puddincup

Puddincup Senior Member

It boggles my mind honestly.

Not something we probably agree on but I do believe that God has allowed people to be blinded on both sides and that He has allowed Trump to be president for his ultimate gain. Though His timing and allowances are not something I understand, "my ways are not His ways."

NOW, Children being separated from their parents is horrible and not Christ-like no matter what political side you chose. They've apparently had this issues for years, and we are just now hearing about it. o_O I have so much anger and empathy towards this and not a clue on how to help. :notworthy: I do not wish to be in a permanent bubble that protects me but not children.

The ones who didn't even have a choice on whether they came here or not and now are scared, lonely and have caretakers who may or may not be trustworthy. What happened to taking care of the poor, the weak, the fatherless, and the widowed, like we're so called to do in the Bible?

Putting our political and religious factors aside, what is there to do for these children? Actively. Today?

I don't want to march or hold signs. I want to house, clothe, & feed these children in homes instead of washed up supermarkets. I have two bedrooms and a fenced in yard, I'll take as many as they'll let me have until they can be released back to their families. Sign me up.

Perhaps I should mention that my sister lived in Guatemala for 12+ years and my families largest regret is not being able to bring home a little girl we met on several occasions that was brutally murdered a few years later along with her baby girl. She was 15. Not that we would have gotten her home anyways due to Guatemalan adoption laws, but it influences you to realize that we are SO safe here. Let them all into our country, the world isn't going to last anyways so we might as well try to help these people.

10. manesntails

No, no, no. God does not foster evil. If he does, and you believe, because you capitalized the word “Him“, that God is behind putting hateful bigotted Narcissists in power, then you can keep “Him“.

I'll stick with “the gods were just Alien visitors and there ain't no such person as the “Him“ you speak of.

Not trying to be distasteful or start a fight, but you have to make sense in order to have believable theories and god being good and evil because he works “in mysterious ways“ sounds illogical and “A poor excuse for bad behaviour“, as my Grandmother used to say.

Nope, not excusing Trump because “God works in mysterious ways“.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.