Trill's Foaling Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Breeding' started by Corina, May 25, 2018.

?

Favourite Foal Name(s):

1. Simply Charming

23.5%
  2. Charmed Reflection

17.6%
  3. Charmed N Dangerous

35.3%
  4. Romantic Enchantment

11.8%
  5. Enchant Me Not

35.3%
  6. Oh So Charming

23.5%
  7. He's A Charmer

17.6%
  8. Bewitching Image

17.6%
  9. Enchanting Image

17.6%
  10. Truly Charming

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Corina

Corina Full Member

So my mare Trilogy is in foal and this will be my FIRST BABY EVER! I have been around and shown a number of foals at the barn I ride with but now I will finally get to experience it all with my own foal. I will post updates on here as often as possible.

A Little Background on Trill:
    Trill is a 13y/o registered Trakehner mare. She is registered under the name Bezaubernde which yes, I know, is quite a mouthful (I pronounce it Bez-O-burn-day but I am sure that is not correct lol). Her breeding can be viewed here: Bezaubernde Trakehner. I have owned her for the past 4 years where she has been broken in under saddle and then has mainly been my pleasure horse. Before that, she was a broodmare at a small warmblood breeding farm where she produced 2 nice foals.

Some pictures of Trill pre-pregnancy (I have been away at school for the last 2 years and can't seem to find any of her in shape):
    upload_2018-5-25_8-4-9.png
    upload_2018-5-25_8-6-14.png
    (If you can't tell, she hates her belly and legs being brushed so we cheat and only do her girth area and then give her baths once the weather is warm enough.)
    upload_2018-5-25_8-8-59.png

Trill was bred to to the imported Welsh Section C stallion Menai Don Carlos, by Parc Carlos out of Menai Lady Curious, from August 21st-24th for a half welsh foal. It took her 3 tries to finally catch so I am expecting a very late baby (cue eye roll). She was supposed to have a foal on the ground this year by Menai Magic's Boy, by Menai Sparkling Magic out of Menai Model's Girl, but must have aborted at some point early on. Magic unfortunately passed away at the age of 25 right before we were going to rebreed to him.
    upload_2018-5-25_8-1-22.png
    Menai Don Carlos
    upload_2018-5-25_8-1-58.png
    Menai Magic's Boy

I am still looking for names for the foal. Would like some form of the word Charming, Enchanting or Bewitching in it as that is what Bezaubernde translates to. I have a huge list already but am always open to more ideas. I will post a poll with some of my favourites.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Corina

Corina Full Member

Pictures of Trill in foal:
    upload_2018-5-25_8-25-7.png
    Day 249
    upload_2018-5-25_8-25-43.png
    Day 249

Day 252
    upload_2018-5-25_8-21-53.png
    261 Days

dollymama and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Pretty mare.. I'm lousy on names, but just chiming in here. :)

Corina likes this.
  4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Gorgeous mare!
    If it's a filly I'd go with Ella Enchanted.
    Why did you decide to breed her to a Welsh instead of a WB?
    Has she crossed well on Welsh studs?

Corina and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. Corina

Corina Full Member

Thank you! My coach and her mom breed and show Welsh ponies and cobs and I have been showing with them for the last few years so I wanted a half welsh of my own to show at the Welsh shows. Both of her previous foals were WB, I will look and see if I have pictures of them.

Alsosusieq2 and ginster like this.
  6. Corina

Corina Full Member

Here is her first foal who is a registered Belgian WB, by Harry Potter (registered as Power Van Vrijhern). Pictured as a foal and an 8 y/o:
    upload_2018-5-25_23-37-6.png
    upload_2018-5-25_23-37-56.png
    upload_2018-5-25_23-38-50.png

And her second foal who is GOV registered, by Air Jordan Z. Pictured as a 3 y/o:
    upload_2018-5-25_23-32-3.png
    upload_2018-5-25_23-32-17.png

Alsosusieq2, ginster and Saph like this.
  7. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Her "babies" are looking great!
    Cannot wait for her newest one.

Corina and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  8. Elsa alert

Elsa alert Full Member

Hi your mare is lovely just thought id comment as my mare who is cob foaled a beautiful filly this morning at around 9am dad is Welsh was accidental breed long story lol but dad sadly passed away last year but foal looks exactly like him I’m so happy on a right high at the mo it’s my first ever foal now time to choose name just carnt think of the perfect one! 1st pic is mum Sunday then obv the foal this morning

Attached Files:

Pony123, Corina and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  9. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Beautiful!!

Elsa alert likes this.
  10. Corina

Corina Full Member

So Trill decided to give us a bit of a scare last night. I was at the barn and had just finished a lesson and was helping one of the horses that seemed to get some grain caught in her throat. After dealing with that situation, I got a call from my dad saying I should get home as Trill was down, looked like she was in pain and couldn't get up. Rushed home (which only took about 30 seconds as I live 6 houses away from the barn). Trill was laying flat out on her side, completely stiff and wouldn't even lift her head when a small group of people approached. Guessing she had been there for no more like 10-15 minutes as someone had seen her upright before that. We could hear no gut sounds and decided to call the vet. I went up to my barn to grab a halter and lead to try to get her up and as I came back to all of a sudden jumped right up and started to walk away and eat, acting like nothing was wrong. Brought her up to the barn and could feel baby kicking and started to hear more gut sounds. We still had the vet out just to be on the safe side. She said she was a little gassy but other than that, her and baby seemed fine. Still not a 100% sure what it was but she seemed to get over it pretty quick. Going to keep a careful eye on her the next little while though.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.