Tried and True Mane Thickening tips/tricks/anything?!

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by CautionWetPaint, Jun 7, 2018.

1. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

Both my horses grew much thicker manes, tails, and forelocks when I added extra essential amino acids to their diet (Nutramino). My mare's diet lacked them, and my old gelding must not absorb EAA's well from other food sources because adding a pure source made a huge difference. My gelding's mane is actually pretty respectable at the moment, and it used to be so pathetic I'd just roach it off. His forelock is longer (albeit still short) and way thicker than it ever was before. You'll just be paying for expensive urine if your horse is not lacking them, but it's worth a double check to ensure his diet includes enough EAA's!

Otherwise I use Eqyss products because they moisturize and are silicone free so won't promote breakage. I don't go crazy brushing out, and don't do prolonged neck covers. I tried all the products with Samson before though, and nothing made much of a difference until I fixed his diet.

CautionWetPaint likes this.
  2. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Yes. Virgin coconut oil. I think it is always foodgrade/cosmetic grade.
    It',s great for your own hair and skin as well. Or to cook with. I am not a fsn of the artificial coco scents but real, virgin coconut oil smells rather faint and very yummy imo.

CautionWetPaint and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Mcdreamer

Mcdreamer Senior Member

CautionWetPaint and Larkspade like this.
  4. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Biomane is the local rage around here. I've heard nothing but good things about it, but haven't tried it out myself.
    Home

CautionWetPaint and Larkspade like this.
  5. LoveHollywood19

LoveHollywood19 Senior Member

I don't know about mane thickening tips, but you can have some of my horse's mane :D She's got a 3 in 1 haha

CautionWetPaint and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Nu-Hoof Maximizer has helped with Charlies hair growth. His tail is FINALLY growing!!

CautionWetPaint likes this.
  7. CautionWetPaint

CautionWetPaint Senior Member

Haha! I've thought about robbing from my mares mane! She's got tons to spare, if only it was the same color lol