1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Total Saddle Fit Girth vs County Logic & Delfina Anatomical

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by anheiraboutme, Jan 10, 2015.

1. anheiraboutme

anheiraboutme Senior Member

A lot of people have been wondering about the Total Saddle Fit girth so I hope these pictures help! I'm sorry for the poor lighting.

The girth that appears on the top and right of the pictures is the County Logic. The Delfina brand anatomical girth is in the middle and the Total Saddle Fit is on the bottom or left. The County and Delfina girths have been in use for 4-5 years and the Total Saddle Fit is new. I have to say that right off the bat I love the shape of the TSF girth the most. It has the most exaggerated curve so it will fit in the girth groove while allowing the saddle to stay off the shoulders. I also really like that the back of it is straight (the County and Delfina have a some-what unnecessary curve there).

The TSF girth has really squishy and soft padding along with double elastic on the roller buckles. The leather is perhaps a little more shiny than I would like initially but both other girths looked like that when new. I'm overall really happy with the shape and think it cannot be beat for the price! The County Logic is $225, Delfina is $90 and the Total Saddle Fit is $125.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TLFC

TLFC Senior Member

Very neat seeing them all lined up like that.

I am curious with the TSF girth how the pressure is spread across the girth. The Delfina and County Logic are wider and how the center lines up with the buckles looks like the pressure would be spread fairly evenly.

girth comparison.jpg

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    3 people like this.
  3. anheiraboutme

Believe it or not, they are all about the same width in the middle (approximately 5"). The County looks wider because it won't lay perfectly flat like the other two will.

County
    [​IMG]

Delfina
    [​IMG]

Total Saddle Fit
    [​IMG]

Love what you did with the lines, TLFC! I'm certainly very excited to see how it fits and works for my boy! :)

1 person likes this.
  4. TLFC

TLFC Senior Member

Yes, please post a review. If possible, can you ride in all 3 on the same day/horse/saddle to see if you can notice any difference?

5. anheiraboutme

Sure can! It has been frigid lately but as soon as I get a nice enough day to ride, I will do that (and take pictures of them on my fuzzy beast lol). I also have FSS and Prestige brand anatomical girths. I didn't think to put the FSS one in the pictures because it isn't as exaggerated in shape. My Prestige is currently on loan to a friend and she's trying to get me to sell it to her.

The FSS (I mainly bought this because it has white padding and my saddle has white welting)
    [​IMG]

I'm excited to play "Dress Up" with my boy! :D

2 people like this.
  6. txgray

txgray Senior Member

Really timely for me because I need to purchase a new dressage girth in the not too distant future. Which one has the softest/thickest padding? My gelding is a bit of a princess.

7. LifeIsGrand

LifeIsGrand Senior Member

I love my TSF long girth. I love how soft and flexible it is where as many other girths I've looked at are stiff and rigid. It is padded quite nicely.

8. stephanie

stephanie Senior Member

I have a prestige anatomical which is fabulous. By far the best quality of the four. Slightly cheaper than the County. (And so, so much nicer) I also have a TSF for my jumping saddle (monoflap, so short girth) that I bought in October. While the girth is nice, the color is rubbing off the girth at each end. I take very good care of it. I just took pictures to email them and ask if it is normal, but I am definitely not pleased by that. I had been thinking of buying one for my dressage saddle because my prestige is a 24" (the smallest they come) and Mica really needs a 22". However, I will not do that if the color is going to start coming off in two-ish months.

1 person likes this.
  9. windblown

windblown Senior Member

I love my TSF girth, as well. It is, by far, the nicest girth I own. I have a 22" that I purchased for one horse I was going to ride in dressage, but now I could really use a smaller girth for my pony sized Arab. The smaller sizes of the TSF were a big draw when I was purchasing a girth for sure.

10. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Does the County have equalizer/humane buckles on it? It looks like it could from the stitching.