Titan Avalanche 2 Horse Trailer - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Capone007, May 6, 2010.

1. Capone007

Capone007 Full Member

First of all, I'm not sure if the seller of this posts on here, so hi if you're reading this!

What do you guys think of this trailer? I'll be using it to pull my 16.3hh TB, and probably a 15.3hh TB. My TB is pretty long (wears 84" blanket, etc).

Here is the description and stuff from her e-mail to me:

"Great trailer in very good condition. Comfort mat footing installed for horses. Dressing room/tack room; drop down windows with fly screens on head side; removable windows on butt side. Wt 3800 lb.2005 model. Has had very little use. Must sell due to international relocation."

"It is a bumper pull. I am not sure of the exact dimensions at this moment but if you look up "Titan Avalanche" on line, you will find the new version which is the same. I use it to pull my 16.3 hh Warmblood and he fits fine so it should be OK. I have made 2 positions for the divider to give more room if needed."

She is asking $3,900 for it. I have never bought or owned a horse trailer, so I'm not sure of what questions to ask or look for!

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ShadyGirl82

ShadyGirl82 Senior Member+

I like it. Thats exactly like what Im looking for for myself out here LOL.

Pull up the mats and look at the floor. Trailer looks great so I assume the floor is fine, but you always want to check.

Ask about if the axles/brakes have ever been serviced or replaced. From what I remember if the trailer does alot of hauling you should grease the bearings yearly. Don't quote me on that.

Make sure all the lights work as they should (to make sure there are no wiring issues)

3. barrelgirl8899

barrelgirl8899 Senior Member+

looks like a great deal to me.

4. MissKitty

MissKitty Senior Member+

I have that same (mine's a gooseneck) trailer and I hauled a 16.3 hand QH gelding in it okay. He was pretty cramped in one of the front two stalls (mines a 3h) but fit fine in the end stall. Or I'd take the front divider out and let him have 2 stalls or 1 1/2 stalls. My husband also rigged ours up so that the end sliding divider can be used to split the trailer into two stalls.

She's asking a pretty good price for it too! Looks pretty new and relatively unused.

5. KristinJ

KristinJ Senior Member+

Looks like a great deal! I would snatch that up!

6. txgray

txgray Senior Member

I used to have one and liked it. My only complaint was the back door. I can't see the one on this trailer to see if it was like mine, but it was just one solid metal door, and it did NOT stay propped open on it's own. Trying to load horses by myself was a pain in the ***.

I would ask for the exact dimensions to be sure, I've seen people stuff big horses into really tiny trailers.

7. kb1gra

kb1gra Senior Member

I wouldn't try to trailer a size 84 horse in a slant load, unless it was an extra wide which this one doesn't look like it is. But I am also anti-slant in general. I have a feeling that larger horse will only fit in the rear stall if that.

8. AQHA1972

AQHA1972 Senior Member+

Thats a great price. I paid that for my CM Circuit Champ (2 horse, straight load) four years ago....and it didnt have a dressing room.

9. Shotgun93

Shotgun93 Senior Member+

This is a nice trailer, and Titans in general are very nice. I have hauled with my boss's 3 horse a lot and I have no complaints. His has a split door, so the swing out and can be hooked to the sides so they don't swing open. But, my BP pull has a solid door that doesn't latch to anything. When I am hauling by myself, I use my cleaning fork to hold the door open, that works fine.

$3900 for this trailer is a good price too. I hauled a 17.1 warmblood in it just fine, as long as he was in the back stall.

10. Capone007

Capone007 Full Member

Thanks for all the advice and replies! As for brakes, what should I be asking about that with the trailer (other than maintenance)? Something about all wheel electric? I'm so new with this stuff.

I'm guessing if I was hauling just my horse (the big guy) that I could move the divider somehow so he had pretty much the whole trailer? He goes in a four horse slant load now, but he is always in the very back one where there is more room. He JUST fits in that. I have noticed that the warmbloods don't have as much of an issue, but I'm guessing he has a longer neck than them?

If a horse has only been in a slant load, do some of them have issues getting used to a straight?

I could go look at it and measure to figure out how wide it really is....and compare it to the trailer he's been in (the barn owner's). Maybe I can get the seller to measure, that would help!