Tips for getting out stains

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Anna Giuda, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Anna Giuda

Anna Giuda Registered

I had a very weak moment this week and wore the expensive breeches I use for jumper shows for schooling. I now have very deep stains that didn't come out with a quick wash or a soak, and I don't know what to do! Does anyone have any tips for getting out bad stains on riding clothes?? (because we all know barn stains are greater than everyday stains)

2. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Try the blue Dawn dish soap...use a washcloth and work it in...only wash with cold water. Do not put in dryer.

3. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

On my show breeches I used to get the brown butt sometimes from my saddle, best thing I used was vanish for whites I would run warm water in a bucket dunk the breeches into it pour some vanish and let it sit for a bit. Then off to the washing machine they go. Took out pretty much all the stains

4. Tack Collector

Tack Collector Senior Member

There's a liquid product called Lestoil. Lowes carries it. It's a detergent for removing oils and greases. My ex used it on work clothes and it ready did remove some stains ordinary detergents didn't.

5. redmarejumper412

redmarejumper412 Full Member

Try peroxide and dawn. Let it soak for a little bit. Maybe adding a little more before throwing in he washer. Has worked on some tough stains of mine before!