Thoughts on this farrier's work

Discussion in 'Horse Health' started by mygirl1197, Nov 5, 2018.

1. mygirl1197

mygirl1197 Senior Member

Since moving up the Park City, UT, I am astounded at the lack of resources for horse owners. I have a decent....not ELPO ideal in any way...farrier that I am currently using, but I did find a farrier up here who says he is ELPO trained and certified even though he's not listed on the ELPO site. My equine vet/chiropractor had a long conversation with him and all his training was at a school and with people who do train for ELPO. She is the person who recommended my farrier is Vegas who followed the ELPO guidelines.

Can any of you who are really good at evaluating trims and have Facebook accounts take a few minutes and tell me what you think of his work?

Sprig Shoeing

2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Not a big foot guru but based on the fact there isn’t a hind foot that isn’t overly stood up or have a negative Palmer angle - I wouldn’t let this guy anywhere near my horses feet! YIKES!

3. slc

slc Senior Member

A big uh uh.

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

The shoes he uses look too small on every horses and there are some high heels and too long toes.
    I hope he didn´t come highly recommended...

5. mygirl1197

mygirl1197 Senior Member

He didn't come highly recommended. I was searching for farriers and I saw him on the newhorse.com website. He mentioned being ELPO trained.

Thanks for all your opinions!

ginster likes this.
  6. Mcdreamer

Mcdreamer Senior Member

Holy heels, batman.
    Looks like a lot of what I saw out in Connecticut. Tiny little feet in tiny little shoes with way to long of heels.

ginster likes this.