This is interesting: House/Barn Combo!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by SeaSide81, Jul 30, 2005.

1. SeaSide81

SeaSide81 Senior Member+

I found this while looking around for horse property. The search continues! Every nice one I find, I email the real estate agent and get back the reply "its already under contract":no: . *sigh* Guess I am just not quick enough:( .

Anyway, this is from an "equestrian community", where basically they are selling 10-acre lots & the house/barn on them (you get to pick color, 2 or 3 bedrooms, etc.). I thought it was interesting and emailed for more information.

Here are a couple of photos of the 3-bedroom version (which would be the one I would be interested in).

From the outside:
    [​IMG]

Floorplan:
    [​IMG]

Pretty neat, huh? I did not know there were house/barn combos out there, but I definately like the idea!:)

8 people like this.

2. Quiggles

Quiggles Senior Member+

That is cool. I've seen one before. it was a house/stable complex built arownd an indoor arena.

3. Appylvr

Appylvr Senior Member+

Now that's what I call a house! I would love to live in something like that, but I always pictured on top of a bigger barn...:D

4. TagandKiss

TagandKiss Senior Member

*gets good idea* lol my dad can build this for me to live in with my horses lol i wish ^_^

1 person likes this.
  5. sian

sian Senior Member+

WOW! thats awesome! you never see anything like that around here!!!! kl!!

6. SeaSide81

SeaSide81 Senior Member+

I don't think I would want to live above the horses:p . Delightfully horsey odors would permeate the house, not to mention a big air conditioning bill because of the heat that would rise!:rofl:

Still, I really do like the layout of the stable connected to the house! I need to find a company that does that so I can build a house like that if I decide to buy land and build on it.:D I am still searching for an already built property, but these community sounds very nice! If the price is reasonable, I will certainly consider it!

7. charismatic

charismatic Senior Member

Smell should not be a problem if the barn is kept clean.
    I think you should take a look at it. I know people who live in barn/houses and love it.

I really like this plan but there are a few minor issues.
    - Your tack room is outside the barn area. You would have to walk into the carport and back to get tack, which might get annoying.
    - The tack room is SMALL. If your planning to store feed as well as tack(which mulitplies once you get your own place!) you'll probably have to put some in the carport.
    - The stalls are also fairly small, whihc might cause a problem if you have to keep a horse in all the time.

You also want to ask what they do for noise reducion, but I don't think it would be that much of an issue in this barn.
    -

8. mustang_dodger

mustang_dodger Senior Member+

that is a neat idea, but i would ber worried about the horse smell, like the stalls and that.

9. haunani

haunani Senior Member+

a 12 x 12 stall is small?? (well, 2" shy of being 12' on one side) As far as I know, that's a standard size.

3 people like this.
  10. ~Rebecca~

~Rebecca~ Senior Member+

Those are very neat!! :D But I read in John Lyon's Perfect Horse that those kind of properties are hard to sell.