Things You Learned from HGS...

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Faster Horses, Jan 31, 2018.

1. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

ginster and Rhythm 'n Blues like this.
  2. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Just want to say...I love this thread. I love to see how many people have been positively impacted by this place.

3. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

but if you applied the 15% off coupon @txgray posted, it would have been about $83.30 so are the savings that good to justify the hourly wage?

ginster and manesntails like this.
  4. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

excange, shipping , duty and taxes make it approx double what you would pay.

So $160 cdn vs a small adjustment at home.

mooselady likes this.
  5. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Time is relevant to most. Some people like the challenge (that's what I'm going to claim anyway...:idea::idea:) Although it does often seem like it would have been a whole lot easier all the way around to just buy something. My mom and sisters often moan about how "WE HATE US!!":willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::rofl::rofl: because we tend to want to try to make it ourselves instead of buying. More than once I've gotten done and either still went ahead and bought the dang thing, or wished I had. But, I wouldn't have had the satisfaction of "time well wasted":help:

:faint::faint:Your making me glad I don't live in Canada! I hate paying shipping anyway:bawling: I think duct tape would be looking mighty fine if that is what I had available...

Bakkir and manesntails like this.
  6. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

:idea:

GONE ROPING, ginster and manesntails like this.
  7. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

I've learned more than I can really think of. I discovered the ELPO trimming method through here, I was a hoof nerd in high school and Patty Stiller, RickB, IIIBarsV, JBandRio, among others were all my heros and members that I really looked up to.

I've learned a BUNCH from @Rhythm 'n Blues about the therapeutic products, saddle fit, balance, etc. More than I can remember, lol.

I've picked up on so many other little things as well. I've changed some things I do in my every day that I got from here.

I've also learned that if you aren't carefull, this place can apparently make you go crazy... I've seen some highly thought of members go off in a crazy until they disapear from the board...

8. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

GONE ROPING, ginster and mkoktavy like this.
  10. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

^ it’s definitely better! I wonder what it would look like if you took it out of the throatlatch section on 1 side & both.......

Ideal shot is a perfect side view with the ears forward so we can really see how it fits behind the ear. I’m just wondering if another 1/4” might be better. It is sitting a littler lower than ideal - if possible having it not rest on the eye prominence is preferred - you know, if it will stay up there. It’s also a bit narrower in that location too.