Therapeutic Pads and Blankets

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by barrel_racer64, Feb 6, 2018.

1. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

That is so crazy!! It definitely wasn't there when I ordered, and I emailed them before they posted the sale and specifically asked about the western LT pad being on sale. I wonder if maybe they sold out of them or something?

2. CoopersPprScpr

CoopersPprScpr Senior Member

Yeah, I wondered about selling out too, but wouldn't/couldn't they just say backordered then? How long after you ordered did you get your shipping notice? I ordered yesterday and still no shipping email. Of course now that I ordered I want them NOW!!

3. barrel_racer64

I ordered them Friday morning and got an email about 3 minutes later I got an email that just said Fenwick ship 2/918 and you will receive 2 pads.

Since shipping was going to be USPS Priority (before I got free shipping, so it could have changed) I thought it would probably even have been here Monday, but alas here we are and still no pads. I'm getting very anxious to get them, lol. I'm trying to not be too impatient, but I'm contemplating sending an email to see if they have a tracking number or something to give me an idea when they should be here. The suspense is killing me!

4. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

I'm only one state over from them so on my first order, it was here really fast, but the second order took a while longer.

5. barrel_racer64

:bawling::bawling:But I want it now!!:bawling::bawling::bawling::blushing:

Now that I've thrown my fit... Do you by chance remember what shipping method they used? I'm 3/4 the way across the country from them. They supposedly shipped mine on Friday. I let myself get excited thinking they would send it USPS Priority mail (which is generally supposed to be 2-3 day shipping) which would have put it here Monday or Tuesday...

On a side note, I'm waiting for the seller to send me an invoice for it, but I am in the process of buying a new saddle! Yay! Hopefully it will take my mind off of the pads until they arrive... And hopefully I like the brand as well as my BIL likes his, he claims its super comfy, and when I've sat in his (16 or 16 1/2" so way too big...) it felt pretty good.

6. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

No I don't remember which carrier. I was at work when they were delivered.

What brand saddle did you buy?

7. barrel_racer64

Darn, well I'm crossing my fingers that they arrive tomorrow. If not, I may break down and email them...

Its a Dale Martin roping saddle. I was really wanting a Martin All-Around, but those don't come up for sale very often, and when they do they are still pretty expensive. This one is a little older, but I think I'm getting a pretty good deal on it.

endurgirl likes this.
  8. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

If you have some scrap left over, just make a hock-boot shape with the hole in the back for that gelding to try. Or just use a scrap piece of fabric that they can wrap around & secure with a polo. If the horse is just standing in the hall while being groomed & tacked up, I’m sure he won’t be moving much & the owners will be present should something happen.

My stuff came USPS - that said I’m in Canada. It took like 10 days - 7 business days.......so I’d wait and see if you have them by friday. Lol

9. barrel_racer64

Good to know it came USPS! I'll try and be patient, I'm sure it will be here tomorrow or Friday, I'm just excited to get them, lol.

I'm going to have to start paying you consulting fees! I should have some scrap to try a hock boot with, or at the very least, I'll have the wrap I'm going to make out of one of the strips I have. Probably a silly question, but I am NOT going to hem the edges on the long wrap, correct? Otherwise it might create pressure points?

10. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

I'll take a consulting fee any day :rofl:

Hemming depends on what you're going to do. If you're just making pieces that are big enough to cover the area and are planning to cover the whole thing with a wrap - then you don't want to hem. If you're able to make the pieces large enough that you could leave the edges un-wrapped then yes you'll want to hem. Better yet get a serger and go around the entire thing. I can't remember if the fabric frays......if it does, pinking sheers can help, but aren't fool proof. If the fabric is un-fray-able, then I wouldn't waste the time hemming :)