Therapeutic Pads and Blankets

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by barrel_racer64, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

grip???? :eek: You don't want something to grip onto the horses hairs. Please don't think that way. If the saddle fits properly it will not slip about.

2. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

Rn'B is correct.

But as far as liner recommendations, I LOVE the Fenwick liners. I haven't tried the BOT/Thinline combo though, just the regular BOT liner.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  3. zomer

zomer Senior Member

Ok ok! Lol sorry. Wrong word. You are both probably right that the saddle isn't right for him. Waiting on my new Steele, hopefully that's better or...oh no..I have to find another saddle. I love saddles so this is not a hardship Thanks for the replies .

4. barrel_racer64

I did just got a felt TL liner/pad (its like 5/8" thick total under the saddle, the felt is like 3/8") I'm going to try it out, hopefully on Monday or Tuesday when my new saddle gets here!

5. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Stella’s hood came today, it’s a lovely made thing, the quality feels great, I’ll get to try it on her soon.

6. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Does anyone use BOT on themselves? I sprained my knee (I guess, never went to the doctor) in October. Major weather changes means big pain, mornings mean stiffness. Posting trot is...a work in progress.

Any feedback on the BOT knee brace? Anything else I should look at?

mooselady likes this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

LOVE BOT knee braces, two years ago my knee was giving me so much trouble it was waking me up at nights. I started wearing the brace and within a week I was pain free. The knee was deteriorating the whole time, and I wore the brace all day every day, it kept me going.

8. barrel_racer64

I have a Fenwick joint sleeve I've worn on my knee sometimes when its hurting, and I've had good results with it as well.

9. DocsLglyBlonde

DocsLglyBlonde Senior Member

PT student here ;) I recommend PT, but will say that when I messed up my own knee including torn meniscus and subluxed patella (and I'm my own worst patient), I eventually fixed myself, but the BOT knee sleeve/brace helps me so much! It'll definitely help a chronic swelling issue, and keeps the joint warm which will likely reduce pain, increase nutrition to the area to promote healing, and provide some compression which also helps pain and swelling. It does not "support" and you should ensure you are moving normally with it on. Ensure you don't change your gait or anything like that with it on. Realistically anything that'll heat the knee will do the same thing (like neoprene) but the BOT is nice and thin while doing the same thing. They are super well made too! I wear mine anytime my knee is flared up and it most definitely helps me.

mooselady likes this.
  10. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

I don’t have a knee brace, but I do have a few shirts. They do help me, but I can’t wear them all day long, as they just make me feel lethargic. But worn for a short time they are fantastic!