The Working Horse

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by doublelranch, Mar 15, 2019.

1. doublelranch

doublelranch Senior Member

Our 'bomb cyclone' that hit the Midwest has caused quite a bit of havoc for many people. It makes my heart lighter knowing some people are relying on horses to get them through. I have seen numerous posts of working horses saving the lives of cattle just like I saw when Texas was flooding. Friends of ours are relying on horses to save their 4000 head of cattle. I wanted to share a few pics. Feel free to post others you find. The first pic is of a vet who is heading out on a horse colic call. He made it and saved the horse. The others are a creek crossing with calves and cows to get them to food and safety of flood waters. IMG_6168.jpg IMG_6181.jpg IMG_6183.jpg IMG_6182.jpg
    IMG_6178.jpg

Attached Files:

Bebe, equinitis, lukesmom and 16 others like this.
  2. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

I need a love button ! Horses do So much for us. This is also exactly why I think well rounded functionality is extremely important in training.

3. greenpaintpony

greenpaintpony Senior Member

Agreed! Watching what people could only do on horses was pretty incredible.

I remember watching the video of these guys rescuing horses from extremely flooded barns on horseback durning Harvey.
    3915E40F-22EC-4553-B1CD-9CDD2DEF405D.jpeg

4. bellalou

bellalou Senior Member

Great pics. It really is a reminder of how important horses have always been to those who work in rural areas, especially those with stock.

doublelranch likes this.
  5. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Thanks for sharing those pics! That Bomb Cyclone was just plain insane! I have a friend who lives in CO and she put a vid on FB of her and her husband trying to make it home on the highway during the middle of it. it was craziness. There something to be said about a great working/using horse. No nonsense, get the job done and do it well....love that work ethic.

kodemiester and doublelranch like this.