The Start of a New Chapter

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Rhythm 'n Blues, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Loona

Loona Full Member

Tried the looking over bum thing today. WOW, TOHs were so much better!
    Thank you for making my day:)

Rhythm 'n Blues and ginster like this.
  2. Rhythm 'n Blues

Rhythm 'n Blues Senior Member

Glad I could help! :D

3. Rhythm 'n Blues

Here's a little video clip from our lesson last Thursday - first time being asking to do this, and...if you have the sound on, you'll hear I was clearly caught off guard! :hah: Coach caught be off guard a few times in this lesson asking for random :poop: I've never been asked to do before. Each time I was surprised. I'll see if I can shorten one of the videos to show the other time it was caught on video. My reaction is priceless each time.

4. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

:rofl::rofl: That was great...looked pretty darn good for being taken completely by surprise

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  5. Rhythm 'n Blues

You’re right it does! It was pretty smooth but took me. Second to wrap my head around what she asked!

The canter is so much better than it was even 2 weeks ago, but even better than when he 1st came. I can still see where I’m wiggling to the right & coach called me on it (it shows up badly in TOH & canter right) but I’m happy with it. I don’t feel like a newbie and am able to work him within the gait so all pluses :)

mooselady likes this.
  6. Rhythm 'n Blues

here's a few more clips for those of you who can't get enough Zee <3

Here's our warm up in laterals:

Trot Lengthens:

Some Half Pass work:

And canter - diagonal - start of pirouette - halt:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    ginster, mkoktavy, mooselady and 3 others like this.
  7. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

I see two half pass videos, no lengthening!!

When you say warming up laterals, do you use them at the start of your warm up....what is your schedule?

Off to watch the last one.

8. Rhythm 'n Blues

Thank you! I fixed the links - you should now see 1- trot length & 1 half pass. hahaha

Yup, they are done before canter. He's not "straight and even" before we do lateral work, heck in the lateral work he's still trying to bulge the left shoulder and resist coming through with the RH. He's not wanting to bend as easily prior to laterals, or move off the seat and he's far from connected over the back before we start lateral work. You'll likely hear coach say "more neck bend" in Travers left - yup...he doesn't like to bend to the left, so I have to work harder for that - it always on the 2nd try that I'm happy with it. :D

Alsosusieq2, mooselady and Arem like this.
  9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Like the lengthening, Fergie and I only ever got faster, so hope I can find longer with Stella.

Rhythm 'n Blues likes this.
  10. Rhythm 'n Blues

It can be tricky, but the horse needs to be over the back and working off the seat and into the bridle. There is very little leg added to get those - all comes from the seat and allowing things to just get bigger. You'll hear when I get told to halt on the next long side that I grunt - yeah, cause he likes to anticipate and before that it had been lengthens......so he's trying to blow through my seat hard core there & I grunt to engage the core even more :rofl: