1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

The society of master saddlers

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Nu5ha, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

Hi anyone living in the U.K. And know anything about the society of master saddlers? Managed to find a lady who is a saddle fitter here in Dubai apart from the other lady.
    Not sure if I can post her name on here just want to see if anyone knows anything about it, and how do they get to be on the resigtry. Because I don't really want to spend on another saddle that doesn't fit but gets told it fits.

2. Tack Collector

Tack Collector Senior Member

I don't know. But basics of each category are here:
    Training
    Saddlefitter is different from saddle-maker.

3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I know there, is but I'm drawing a blank on how to find out if they're in it. Maybe Google it and find out how to contact them.

4. Baboo

Baboo Senior Member

If you Google www.mastersaddlers.co.uk, you can click on "Find a Saddle Fitter" and there is a list of saddle fitters all over the world, with their 'qualifications,' as in Qualified Saddler, Qualified Overseas Saddle Fitter, Master Saddler, Master Saddler Retail etc. There is someone listed in the U.A.E. as a qualified saddle fitter and saddle supplier. Her address/phone/email is also listed.

5. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

Perfect thank you all!

6. Tack Collector

Tack Collector Senior Member

I interpreted the question as "what qualifies one to be on their list," not "help me find one."