The snow can stop at any point now and a vent

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JStorry, Feb 8, 2018.

1. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

I'm in northern BC and we have had so much dang snow in the last few days. It's crazy. The snow is up to my chest. My hay shed collapsed. It took me 5 hours to dig out and move all the bales. I tore a ligament just over a month ago so getting around is already difficult. I have 6 weeks left in my air cast minimum. I just need to vent about this because enough is enough dangit. The first cutting show of the season is May long weekend. Cow practice is starting up and I can't go. My cutter is fat and out of shape. Nothing I can do about it now though, guess we aren't cutting in May. My 2 year old needs starting. I guess he's waiting till I get out of my cast. He's so curious and eager I should be riding him now. Sorry this is all over the place. I just am so dang frustrated. Can't I just catch a break?!?! couple pictures of the snow just cause. I don't know if you can tell, but yesterday I paid a guy to plow my horse pen... if I hadn't the snow would be up to their bellies.

20180208_093308.jpg 20180208_141359.jpg 20180208_174042.jpg 20180208_173945.jpg

2. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

Same here snow and -17 all week. I keep telling myself my horse is fine. She does use the shelter, has a 300 gram blanket and has all she can eat hay 24/7.

But I miss riding.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. JStorry

JStorry Senior Member

My mares seem to only go in the barn to poop! They have blankets and free fed hay as well. I think they deal with it better than I do

4. manesntails

manesntails Senior Member

I remember snow that high up Massachusetts when I was like, 5 or so. My mother got me dressed up in boots, mittens, hat and snow suit, opened the door up and said to go outside. :rolleyez:

The snow was up to my shoulders and I couldn't climb out.

So she grabbed me by the collar and belt...1....2...3 and heave-ho~!!
    I was outside on top of all the snow.

Hope you heal up well and just hang in~!! It will all go away, eventually. :D

Alsosusieq2, Baboo and JStorry like this.
  5. slc

slc Senior Member

It's been a very, very difficult winter.

For the first time in years, I put snow tires on my car. It's not what I'd consider really bad(like Vermont or BC), but it seems our Dept or Transportation is missing a lot of the roads. I got stuck for a couple hours in one place already. A really high traffic road with a steep hill - we pretty much have to go down and up a steep hill to get anywhere, and down and up a steep hill to come back.

Tack Collector and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  6. endurgirl

endurgirl Senior Member

No. Just nope. I can't do all that snow. Hopefully you'll have a snow melt soon!!

GONE ROPING, Alsosusieq2 and JStorry like this.
  7. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

So sorry - you have every right to be frustrated!

Dog says, "I'll stay in here, thanks." :)

Alsosusieq2 and JStorry like this.
  8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

@JStorry I hope you heal up well and quickly!!
    Also-you can send a little that snow over to Germany...we just had a few cm this winter...

Alsosusieq2, JStorry and mooselady like this.
  9. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

That is a lot of snow!

Being very careful what I wish for....we have missed most of the snow so far, and we desperately need the moisture. It quit raining last year, so we are dry, dry. It would be nice if it would warm up a little, I have never known so many lessons cancelled because of cold here, it’s crazy...10am, -29* C out there feels like -40*c

Alsosusieq2 and JStorry like this.
  10. Ms_Pigeon

Ms_Pigeon Senior Member

YUCK.

I grew up in northeastern Pennsylvania and while we would tough it out for lessons (in an indoor arena!) into the low double-digits, I look back now and don't know how I stood it. I went through more of those instant toe warmers than I can even estimate.

Alsosusieq2 and manesntails like this.