1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

Featured The reasons I became a crazy barn owner.

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Kristal H, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

If she makes her living from the barn...she wont be a crazy barn owner for long...

2. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Hah! It's pretty empty nowadays and I last saw her trying to sell a greenbroke gelding for something like $15,000.00, so who knows.

3. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

My god.....what barn is this?!

The one barn I was at has an interesting BM. I won't go there but the empty stalls that they now have clearly is a sign of what is going on.....Not to mention the multiple deaths that have occured over the last couple of years alone!

4. pamnbam

pamnbam Senior Member

@StarPattern :eek::eek: That's enough to make ME crazy! My goodness!!

5. MissApril

MissApril Senior Member

The hay thing reminds me of a bad situation I got in last year. This guy was so cheap and had a barn full of hay and told me there would be roundbale a and square thrown as well on freezing nights. I moved there in February and time after time of there being NO hay I had my friend come get us. I was sick and tired of asking. He tried to say I had to pay for another month and I started to call the police and he changed his mind. He charged full boarders $600 a month and they got one flake a hay in their stall to last from 3 pm to 8 am. I paid $350 for pasture board and bought my own triple crown senior that I had to pay someone to feed him if I wasn't there that day. One night it was cold and snowy and I text the girl that works there to see if a roundbale was out. Nope it wasn't. They don't like the hay to get wet and wasted was the response I got. That was the last straw. There were a lot of boarders and many had no clue about horses so they didn't know it was wrong. Now I'm all mad again typing this!

6. Acornicus

Acornicus Senior Member

Been reading this thread and all I can say is, man I would love to visit a barn in the US and see what's it's like to have a LOUNGE at the place I board my horse. Over here you pay $30/week for an empty paddock to chuck your pony in. If you're lucky they actually have a tie up rail and a tack shed and not just some binder twine tied to the fence posts :rofl:
    Heck the last two places I rented grazing at the owners had never even had horses... "You can just use the water trough to wash your horse," "my kids (toddlers) might go out into the paddock to pat your horses sometimes, is that OK?" :crazy:

7. Kristal H

Kristal H Senior Member

Not every barn in the US has chandeliers in the aisle...or a lounge. But here are few very fancy places.
    Here is one that is fun to dream about..... Pegasus Training Center and Rehabilitation

Acornicus and VermilionStrife like this.
  8. Breezah

Breezah Senior Member

@uncanny580 Based on previous conversations you and I have had, I think we know exactly who this BO is that @StarPattern is talking about...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  9. Acornicus

Acornicus Senior Member

:eek::eek2::crazy2:
    holy....

10. Binca

Binca Senior Member

If I were ever at a barn with chandeliers, Ciarra would probably try to eat them. :faint::rofl:

froglander, Acornicus, Arem and 2 others like this.