1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

The quietest clippers......

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by tuffy2712, Mar 25, 2008.

1. tuffy2712

tuffy2712 Full Member

Mar 25, 2008
    I'm on the hunt for a new set of clippers, the quietest and cordless. Anyone?
  2. hott4mybeau

hott4mybeau Senior Member

Mar 7, 2008
    i would say whal... clippers.. i have a small version but i love them... expecialy if ur horse doesnt like being clipped..... myn doesnt eather and he is now fine with it..:) :D
  3. AQHA Hunter

AQHA Hunter Senior Member+

Sep 2, 2006
    I bought a pair of Wahl Arco Mosers and I really like them. Someone asked me what they were the other day because they were so nice and quiet that my horse's don't flinch when I clip their ears.

The other nice thing is that they have 2 batteries, and a charger. Each battery lasts about an hour, and it only takes an hour to charge, so you can pretty much clip continuously if you're doing a lot of horses. They are a lightweight clipper though. I only use them for bridle paths, muzzles, and maybe a touch-up on legs and jaw. I use my corded A-5's for the heavier work.

What I WOULD NOT buy is the cheaper Wahl Pro's (the ones that come in different colors and are like $50). They take a long time to charge, and I've killed 2 pairs with regular light use.

4. Acme Acres

Acme Acres Senior Member+

Jan 19, 2006
    Arcos are great, but if you want versatility, go with the Andis AGR Plus. All "A5/AG" type blades work with them and you can get a cord pack to go with. The best of both worlds!
  5. iridehorses

iridehorses Senior Member

Jan 3, 2008
    I went with the Wahl SE (Arco Moser). I just picked them up so I can't tell you how they hold up but I did look at the Andis as well. The Andis AGR were nice but they were nearly 2 1/2x the price + the converter making it non cost effective for me.

I got my Wahl's on ebay for $96.00