The quietest clippers......

Discussion in 'Horse Grooming' started by tuffy2712, Mar 25, 2008.

1. tuffy2712

tuffy2712 Full Member

I'm on the hunt for a new set of clippers, the quietest and cordless. Anyone?

2. hott4mybeau

hott4mybeau Senior Member

i would say whal... clippers.. i have a small version but i love them... expecialy if ur horse doesnt like being clipped..... myn doesnt eather and he is now fine with it..:) :D

3. AQHA Hunter

AQHA Hunter Senior Member+

I bought a pair of Wahl Arco Mosers and I really like them. Someone asked me what they were the other day because they were so nice and quiet that my horse's don't flinch when I clip their ears.

The other nice thing is that they have 2 batteries, and a charger. Each battery lasts about an hour, and it only takes an hour to charge, so you can pretty much clip continuously if you're doing a lot of horses. They are a lightweight clipper though. I only use them for bridle paths, muzzles, and maybe a touch-up on legs and jaw. I use my corded A-5's for the heavier work.

What I WOULD NOT buy is the cheaper Wahl Pro's (the ones that come in different colors and are like $50). They take a long time to charge, and I've killed 2 pairs with regular light use.

[​IMG]

4. Acme Acres

Acme Acres Senior Member+

Arcos are great, but if you want versatility, go with the Andis AGR Plus. All "A5/AG" type blades work with them and you can get a cord pack to go with. The best of both worlds!

5. iridehorses

iridehorses Senior Member

I went with the Wahl SE (Arco Moser). I just picked them up so I can't tell you how they hold up but I did look at the Andis as well. The Andis AGR were nice but they were nearly 2 1/2x the price + the converter making it non cost effective for me.

I got my Wahl's on ebay for $96.00