The Politically Incorrect Horse Buyer's Guide

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by slc, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

Flashy= has nothing else going for them

GONE ROPING, GotaDunQH and Dona Worry like this.
  2. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

Pretty much all of those things in the OP are what I see when I'm looking for a horse in my circles....and are correct in the horse they are actually selling. Where I find it "exaggeration" is on the backyard level. Not trying to be snobby....but its my experience. If I look at an ad and immediately see misspellings and bad grammar....well, then I know the rest is what the OP intended to insinuate in the list...lol. The pics posted with an ad are a big "tell" too. Nothing irks me more than to see someone standing on a horse to show how "broke" the horse is. I don't give a rats behind because I don't ride that way...I have both legs AROUND my horse....LOL.

3. Binca

Binca Senior Member

I feel your pain. Around my area the majority of cheaper horses have incredibly poorly written adds. As they go up in price the adds get a bit better, but the photos are terrible in pretty much every add. Standing on the horse photos are common, or just poorly taken photos at terrible angles. I don't care how cute the horse's face is. I want to see a correct conformation shot taken. I saw one of a pony stallion. If you don't look at the ground the pony looks fairly even, not bum high, etc. Then you look at the ground and is taken on a slope - if that thing stood on flat ground it would be super bum high. o_O

4. slc

slc Senior Member

"Just needs a little ground work."

That means a race track trainer with 70 horses, who works with very active and occasionally naughty horses, breaks a lot of rough horses, cannot get a bridle on the horse after about ten minutes of struggle.

5. Faster Horses

Faster Horses Senior Member

Ok folks....interpret away:

What does "we just don't click" mean?

Larkspade likes this.
  6. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Off the top of my head? "She tries to kill me about 3 times a day, so, every time we see each other."

Larkspade likes this.
  7. ~tiffy~

~tiffy~ Senior Member

To me? Means difficult horse who they dont feel like dealing with.

8. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

To me it means the owner can't handle and or ride the horse. Or horse is hard headed and not easy to work with.

9. slc

slc Senior Member

The seller can't manage the horse for some reason. The horse is too hot, too ornery, something.

Generally, when a person is over-horsed, they will say they don't have time to work the horse consistently.

10. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Or it is someone most likely new to the horse world wanting a lovey-dovey "heart horse". So despite the fact that they do have a great horse, it isn't all over them like a puppy and so they are convinced it isn't the horse for them.

DelP likes this.