The Mistakes We've Made

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Arem, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I love you :rofl::rofl:

RelaxMax likes this.
  2. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Ok, as promised! Here is more of me:

Check us out! Lookin' mighty fine bracing against each other flying around only just barely sort of under control. She stopped, at least, whenever I asked. My chair seat is prize-winning perfection. Also, get a load of the high water jeans! And my cheap aweful boots. Oh! And that's the saddle that didn't fit either of us. I loved that saddle. That saddle did not love us. Oh, the bridle is super cheap, too. It was supposed to be harness leather. It was not. But reins are high quality and the bit is a Mylar so that heading in the right direction at least. :p

Here we are a year later, trying something new, doing better, but still in that bad fitting saddle. Still a chair seat. My hands look all kinds of weird here, but I was trying to learn how to do things differently and softer so this was the awkward new stage. An improvement, but still a hot mess.

"Arem quit embarrassing me!"

A year later again. What is that?! Is that a saddle that actually fits?! OMG! It's like magic! Look at us looking all fine and composed and stuff!

And for a bonus, here are some pictures that got me an unexpected scolding when I innocently posted them:

I believe it was Chester who said, "Who tied this horse?" And I got scolded for tying her wrong/too short. I felt bad. I changed my ways.

Nu5ha, greenpaintpony and manesntails like this.
  3. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

Every pair of pants turns into highwaters on me when I ride. Even my extra tall (not just tall) jods I bought for show are a hair too short. I just don't want to cough up the money for custom jods or actual riding jeans... I don't pay over 20 bucks for jeans, so I'm definitely not paying for cruel girl and the other western brands that are actually long enough for a tall girl to ride in.

Arem likes this.
  4. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I just double down and buy the Wranglers and such. Hurts the wallet, but, dang, it's nice to have jeans that actually fit!

Sometimes still have a bit of a high water problem when I ride, but not as bad. :D

5. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

You know... I just hate wranglers. They're too stiff or something, I just don't like them.

Arem likes this.
  6. AmyK

AmyK Senior Member

The closest think have to fitting are my tall Kerritt boot leg breeches. Of course if I wore normal breeches nobody would be able to tell they're too short, but I'm kind of chicken legged- thicker thighs and skinny calves, I'd just as soon not accentuate that if possible.

Arem likes this.
  7. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Some of them are great. Some of them are not. I've had both. The trouble with the nice, soft ones is that they don't last as long. BUT! They do shrink less than the others. So winner, winner chicken dinner!

8. Arem

Arem Senior Member

Im glad I don't ride English. I don't want the breech buying headache! Street leggings are hard enough!

9. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

How to load a stubborn mare in 5 minutes, Guaranteed !! :idea:

Pay the hauler an extra $100 ahead of time for the trouble. I guarantee you, your horse will hop in the trailer without looking twice.

Like I said Beauty taught me so much, lol!:rofl:

manesntails, greenpaintpony and Arem like this.
  10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Trying to catch a strange horse that'd thrown it's rider in a brand new rough out saddle. My neighbors decided to rope off an area with a lariat strung between a few trees. Horse was definitely power tripping and wasn't about to be caught. I couldn't talk them down as they were certain he was going to roll and destroy the saddle if we gave him a break. I went against best instincts and crowded him towards the trees and he bolted under the lariat which caught on the horn. Heard a pop and a scream and it'd struck my neighbor in the thigh and from all appearances nearly broke his leg. Doubtful.. but it was so painful that he said he was lucky he'd not had a pistol on him or he'd have just ended it right there. I managed to just pony over to him slowly and got him but yeah, a mistake that someone could have wound up in the hospital. People sometimes just get a bit too wound up and don't use their heads.