The little accomplishments thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Binca, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Binca

Binca Senior Member

What are those little things you have done today, or any day, that you are proud of? So proud that you really want to boast about it. But it's not really a massive accomplishment that want to create a whole new thread, announce it to the papers, and create a Facebook event for. You know those moments?

Some of them might be a bit silly, or seem silly to others, but to you, they are still a big achievement. Like the time I managed to paint my finger nails without getting polish all over my fingers as well!

So what are your little proud moments?

Over the last few weeks, I have not only planted some veggie seeds, but had them grow and not die on me as well!

Today, I managed to buy the new stationary I needed without buying too many extra unnecessary things!

Someone high five me for that last one? :p

2. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

Mega high five!
    I got up on time and made myself a nice breakfast of bacon and eggs. Usually it is instant oatmeal and late late late.

3. VermilionStrife

VermilionStrife Senior Member

Small success: I've always planned to be organized for my upcoming horse shows but life usually gets in the way and I end up not having the time and/or forget. Which usually means I'm missing something necessary for show day. Usually nothing major thankfully.... but this year I have successfully put together a show kit! There are still a few more things I have yet to put in it (since they are in my trailer 6 hours away), but I have most of it together and in my wheeling tote. I got the tote just to store my show items in so they are organized and I KNOW I have what I need. Small victory!

4. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

Yesterday, I went to the gym and joined their hour-long workout session. Pushed myself harder than I ever had before... and I kept up the entire time! :LOL:

What a wonderful idea for a thread!

5. Nu5ha

Nu5ha Senior Member

My small accomplishment now that both my horses are out of work I have actual time to clean everything. So today I've cleaned out my tack locker, will take everything that needs to be washed, cleaned, repaired home with me today, sorted out their boxes next to their stables, threw a bunch of things away (I'm a serial hoarder) all that's left is to clean the tack so that will be done tomorrow or Friday. Made a list of what I will need for the summer. Feeling rather happy with myself now.

6. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

My horse loaded first try, every time!

He has always been a "no hesitation" loader but recently the door got loose and hit him in the butt on the way out. Ever since then he didn't want to load easily. It took a couple days but with some redirection and a couple extra hands when I could get them, he got the hang of it again :applaud:

He really wasn't awful but he wasn't as easy as he use to be.

7. Zephyer1995

Zephyer1995 Senior Member

I finally enrolled back into college today. Start date 4/17. Been putting it off forever. Limited time is my biggest excuse.
    Granted, it's now 2pm and I've only checked one thing off my to-do list......

8. apndi

apndi Senior Member

Last week was spring break, this week I had 3 very difficult, nerve wracking tests. Having one test right when you come back from a break is difficult enough, let alone 3! I'm not usually a nervous test taker, I can usually get an A with minimal studying, but my luck has run out this semester. It's halfway through the semester and I didn't do well on my first round of tests so these were either make it or break it. I got a high B on one and the others haven't been graded yet but I'm confident that I didn't do too terribly on them! So my little accomplishment is getting these tests over with (hopefully successfully) and making through this rough week! :)

SparkleDust, Alsosusieq2 and Binca like this.
  9. Ziast

Ziast Senior Member

Went to all my classes this week and finished several small assignments that aren't due for a few weeks.

Made a tonne of progress on a personal project. Solved a big hurdle that was holding me back.

I was able to school Julius through being resistant to the right. Instead of blaming myself for doing it wrong, despite triple checking my position and aids, I decided that I shouldn't have to deal with this to ride my own horse. Did a lot of leg yielding on the circle, SI, transitions, and really got after him to listen to my leg until he jumped off it. At the end we were able to do a working trot figure 8 with soft contact and maintained the softness through the direction change. I think he gets used to ignoring me because I always assume I'm wrong and he's right, even when he isn't actually trying and needs correction.

10. NBChoice

NBChoice Senior Member

I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes tonight. Lol!