The Libby Logs

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by kodemiester, Sep 23, 2018.

1. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

Video taken yesterday! Had a friend out to the barn so she was able to take a short, easier to see video.

2. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

She is coming right along. You chose wisely. Are you enjoying your time with her?

3. kodemiester

Yes! She has been absolutely a blast to work with. Very good minded and quiet, really loves attention and to be brushed/doted on, which is totally my type of horse. She loves to already jog a hole in the ground even though I don't try to make her to go slow at this point, so that's so exciting to see and feel. :D

ginster and Pony123 like this.
  4. kodemiester

New video! She was kind of an airhead last night, but we got some good moments in our ride. :) We moved up to a rowel spur with my trainer's permission. Her jog is really coming along nicely, her lope has its days. We started doing some roll backs to get her shoulder up, and to stop dropping it.. which has helped with balancing herself and slowing down.

She has been in consistant work for about 4 months now.
    [​IMG]

ginster, endurgirl, LoveTrail and 3 others like this.
  5. Rye9

Rye9 Full Member

That jog is looking really cute! She is in beautiful condition, too.

6. kodemiester

Thank you!! I am very pleased with her jog, it is SO comfy. She's getting much more consistant with being in the bridle while keeping a good drive from behind and slowly starting to slow down. Her lope has a looong ways to go but Im proud of her so far :D She does not look like she is a 3 year old if I didnt know better... I would think more so 4 or 5. LOTS of body on her.

7. Rye9

Rye9 Full Member

I think you will find that her lope will improve a lot once you can get outside in a bigger space. Her legs are clean and she's a nice mover, she's just struggling to keep her balance right now in that tight indoor so she's a little quick. I wouldn't worry about it!