The Libby Logs

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by kodemiester, Sep 23, 2018.

1. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

Video taken yesterday! Had a friend out to the barn so she was able to take a short, easier to see video.

Bebe, ginster, Pony123 and 2 others like this.
  2. bobo and horses

bobo and horses Senior Member

She is coming right along. You chose wisely. Are you enjoying your time with her?

3. kodemiester

Yes! She has been absolutely a blast to work with. Very good minded and quiet, really loves attention and to be brushed/doted on, which is totally my type of horse. She loves to already jog a hole in the ground even though I don't try to make her to go slow at this point, so that's so exciting to see and feel. :D

ginster and Pony123 like this.
  4. kodemiester

New video! She was kind of an airhead last night, but we got some good moments in our ride. :) We moved up to a rowel spur with my trainer's permission. Her jog is really coming along nicely, her lope has its days. We started doing some roll backs to get her shoulder up, and to stop dropping it.. which has helped with balancing herself and slowing down.

She has been in consistant work for about 4 months now.
    [​IMG]

5. Rye9

Rye9 Full Member

That jog is looking really cute! She is in beautiful condition, too.

6. kodemiester

Thank you!! I am very pleased with her jog, it is SO comfy. She's getting much more consistant with being in the bridle while keeping a good drive from behind and slowly starting to slow down. Her lope has a looong ways to go but Im proud of her so far :D She does not look like she is a 3 year old if I didnt know better... I would think more so 4 or 5. LOTS of body on her.

7. Rye9

Rye9 Full Member

I think you will find that her lope will improve a lot once you can get outside in a bigger space. Her legs are clean and she's a nice mover, she's just struggling to keep her balance right now in that tight indoor so she's a little quick. I wouldn't worry about it!

8. kodemiester

It wont STOP snowing here... so Im guessing it wont be until mid march until we can get into the outdoor.

Her legs have REALLY slowed down in the past two weeks.. hopefully I can get a video soon. She's getting to the point where I can use my legs and drive her into the bit and into the contact and get her to soften. Its a really cool feeling when she starts to collect at the lope! Her jog is coming along super super well.

Ive been doing quite a bit of rollbacks, and either trotting or loping off, and working on keeping her inside shoulder "up" so she's not dropping it when we lope, which makes her loose her balance. Any exercises that anyone wants to suggest that works for smaller indoors are welcome :)

Photo was taken Saturday I believe.. so about 4.5 months of consistent IMG_2857.jpg work. Love how she looks. She's going to be a big mare when she finishes growing and filling out.

9. GotaDunQH

GotaDunQH Senior Member

She looking really good! Her jog is getting tighter and will slow down even more to become more of a march. The lope is always the hardest....

kodemiester and Dream27 like this.
  10. LoveTrail

LoveTrail Senior Member

Are you doing much backing? Or easy flexing her neck on each side?