The Foster Pet Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Binca, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Garfield70

Garfield70 Senior Member

So good of you to give her a chance!

ginster and DriftwoodsQHs like this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Awhh..love her, poor girl. :loveflag:

ginster, DriftwoodsQHs and peg4x4 like this.
  3. ginster

ginster Senior Member

@DriftwoodsQHs - thank you for giving her a chance!
    Makes you wonder what the poor thing has been through in her life...and it makes me want to get violent with the ones responsible.

DriftwoodsQHs likes this.
  4. wpgrider

wpgrider Senior Member

I may be in trouble.... Someone please tell me all kittens are like this. .
    20180802_215806.jpg
    Snapchat-1575040301.jpg

Attached Files:

Dona Worry, Binca, ginster and 2 others like this.
  5. Binca

Binca Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mitzi saying hi to Ace this morning. Mitzi is normally terrified of cats and kittens. I have never known her to get over a phobia before. But she is also a sucker for sick//unwell animals, and Ace was so scared and skinny when she came to us, so Mitzi has been sitting by her a lot. And for some reason Ace loves Mitzi and purrs whenever she is around and has never one hissed at her. So Mitzi was brave this morning and actually went up and touched noses with her. Then Ace wriggled upside down and fell off the scratchpost.. :rofl:

wpgrider, Larkspade and ginster like this.
  6. Binca

Binca Senior Member

So introducing our latest fosters!

This is Iago. Iago was born with a dodgy leg, and is currently back at the shelter having it amputated. All going well she will be back in our care tomorrow. Then when she recovers, she will be spayed. Once that is done we have our names down to adopt her. My husband named her Iago after the parrot from Aladdin, because she has this tendency to sit on shoulders.

This is how small and skinny she was when she first arrived. I think she had been with me a couple of days when I took this photo, because I didn't let her meet Mitzi right away.
    [​IMG]

Sleeping on my shoulder..
    [​IMG]

Superkitty!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When she is awake, she is usually incredibly hyper.
    [​IMG]

The first time my cat met Iago, she went straight up to the bad leg and sniffed it. Then in this photo she is looking at me as if to say "okay, I found a kitten I will tolerate. Now what do I do with it?"
    [​IMG]

They loved the first warm day of spring we got, when I could actually open the window and let fresh air in without freezing.
    [​IMG]

And a more recent photo.
    [​IMG]

You wouldn't believe from all these sleeping photos how crazy she really is. She woke my husband up last night chasing her tail in circles right in front of his face.. :rofl::rofl:

Dona Worry and doublelranch like this.
  7. Binca

Binca Senior Member

And I only have one decent photo of him, but here is my foster bunny. He recently had surgery to have his incisor teeth removed, so I was asked to foster him because I fostered the last rabbit to have incisors removed.

[​IMG]

Now that he has recovered he has been cleared for neutering, which is booked in a couple of weeks.

Dona Worry likes this.
  8. Binca

Binca Senior Member

[​IMG]

Home minus a hind leg, and just annoyed that we won't let her run around the house yet. She has to be confined to a small cage for a bit and she isn't thrilled. Otherwise bright, alert, eating and drinking, and walking like she has always had 3 legs.

Larkspade, Dona Worry and ginster like this.