The Foster Bunny Journal (I won't foster any bunnies, I promise..)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Binca, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Binca

Binca Senior Member

I promised myself when I started volunteering in the pocket pets section at my local RSPCA that I wouldn't foster any rabbits. That promise worked for about 6 months. But lately we have had a massive influx of rabbits for a variety of reasons. Yesterday we were informed 20 would be arriving soon. We didn't have that much room, but we figured if we could get some of the current young rabbits into foster it would make enough space.

So every meet Fred, George, and Ginny. They were found as strays along with an older male (who has now been separated from them ready for neutering). They are around 10-12 weeks old now and will be with me until they are old enough to be spayed/neutered, and then will be adopted out. They are very confident and friendly, especially George.

George
    [​IMG]

Ginny (left), Fred (middle), and George (right)
    [​IMG]

And someone (Fred) always has to ruin the family photo. :p
    [​IMG]

CJ, LaceyInJuneau, Larkspade and 9 others like this.
  2. BluemoonOKy

BluemoonOKy Senior Member

Awww. Cute little fluff fluffs. I hope you are able to get them all adopted.

Binca and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  3. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Those three are adorable!! Rufus is happy you're taking care of them...he was a rescue, too.

[​IMG]

CJ, kodemiester, Binca and 2 others like this.
  4. QHshowmanship

QHshowmanship Senior Member

Awe, they look like my Slick. Thanks for fostering. I wouldn't be able to give back. My bunny sadly turned evil and I can only hold him with gloves :(

Binca likes this.
  5. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Thanks, they are very cute and friendly so I think once they are desexed they will be easy to adopt out. :)

Rufus is a very handsome man! I have four rescues that I own as well, along with these three. Very much worth it!

If I didn't have four of my own I would want to keep them. :p

Larkspade and mooselady like this.
  6. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Hmmm, I wonder who did the redecorating. I wonder if it could possibly be the really sleepy baby bunny with foam still stuck to his paws.. (n)(n)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also had a slightly jealous dog last night. She is really good with the rabbits but that doesn't mean they should be acknowledged or photographed over her!
    [​IMG]

Arem, ginster, kodemiester and 2 others like this.
  7. CJ

CJ Senior Member

"What foam? I didnt do it, you didnt see me do it; you cant prove a thing." :whistle:
    [​IMG]

8. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Wow, that is an expressive face.
    At least Mitzi doesn't keep you guessing, huh?!

Binca likes this.
  9. Binca

Binca Senior Member

Lol, subtlety isn't exactly her strong point. :rofl:
    She is never nasty towards the rabbits at least. For being half cattle dog, she is actually really, really good with small animals. We have 4 silky chickens out the back and she is great with them too - although the look on her face the first time she saw one move was pretty great. :p

ginster likes this.
  10. Binca

Binca Senior Member

I thought I should update. They are growing very fast! I will probably have to separate the girl soon before they mature too much. But they are all very confident now, especially George. I sometimes give them time to run around the living room and play, and George loves to play with Mitzi and hype her up. She is really good with them though, and very gentle.

Ginny had an epic monobrow going on for a few days:
    [​IMG]

George had a great time with Mitzi yesterday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim_in_PA and ginster like this.