The Calypso everything thread!

Discussion in 'Horse Chat' started by Dona Worry, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

It's just so silly. We weren't just taking a walk-- we were moving heifers. I needed to be able to adjust the rope length quickly and easily, and transfer it from hand to hand. IT'S A 14 FOOT ROPE. The only way to be able to manage it is to loop it up and hold the loops! I mean, coil 12+ feet of rope up my arm? Really? I need that arm!
    Also, we worked on ground tying because sometimes while fumbling with the gates I accidentally dropped the rope, and I am SURE someone taught her this means stop and wait, because she stops and waits, and I never taught her that.

Sam C., Bakkir, Arem and 2 others like this.
  2. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

I feel like just posting every picture with horses that I have of me doing stupid or "wrong" things and letting people rip into me. Seems that's what some on this forum are after anyways. :idea:

foxtrot, DelP, Arem and 1 other person like this.
  3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I'll do it with you LOL
    I rode my 2yo bareback , in a halter, in sweat pants and tennis shoes last night bc I was too lazy to saddle him. Do you think that will get some comments?? hahaha

4. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

I went and cuddled River in short shorts and flip flops yesterday. Yes, she could stomp on my foot and break it. But I'm the idiot aware enough of myself to make that choice. No need to lecture me on it. (y)

Arem and Circle C like this.
  5. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I wear flip flops all the time lol
    Maybe we should make a "dumb things we do" thread hahaha

6. Bakkir

Bakkir Senior Member

I'm sure we all have stupid things we do when we trust our horses.

I'm sure someone thought I would get kicked yesterday when I was hosing off Charms legs. She was doing the piaffe in hand. Very dramatic and very athletic, lol

But she is not a kicker. And I do trust her with normal stuff now. I can climb all over her and touch her anywhere. She was just letting me know she doesn't like cold water.

7. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

I'm making one now...stay tuned...

8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

You know what, people mention things because they are concerned, do not tell me that you haven’t had the same thing happen in real life?

I was so glad that someone pointed out that when I tightened Fergies cinch and got back on at the show, I had forgotten to tighten the back cinch. Not nagging, not being *****y, but concern.

Ok online it’s different, but the same sort of premise applies....if you see something dangerous why not mention it?

Some people seem to think the whole world is out to get people, when it’s actually concern that’s being expressed...

But what ever, butch away if it makes everyone feel better.

GONE ROPING and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  9. NaeNae

NaeNae Senior Member

Yes but come on, moosey, there is pointing things out and then there are the people who take it too far. Even you know who that person/those people on this forum are...

10. Dona Worry

Dona Worry Senior Member

First person: "Hey, it looks like you are doing a thing that is dangerous! Please be careful not to do the thing!"
    Me: "I was not doing the thing, but thank you for looking out for me!"
    Second person: "You are OBVIOUSLY doing the thing, and are lying about not doing the thing, and it's because you are a careless, ungrateful know-it-all!"
    Me: :cautious:

kodemiester, Sam C., foxtrot and 6 others like this.