The Adventures of Severus "Sev" (ArabXFriesian dressage prospect)

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by XxLiveToRidexX, Jun 10, 2018.

1. XxLiveToRidexX

XxLiveToRidexX Senior Member

I'm really hoping he matures into a horse I will keep and train up the levels!

kodemiester and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  2. XxLiveToRidexX

And....maybe do a little eventing with?!

Alsosusieq2 and ~tiffy~ like this.
  3. XxLiveToRidexX

My little boy is finally 2! As a treat I had an animal communicator out to read both horses. Here is some of what Sev had to say: "I love living at this new barn, its all rainbows and butterflies! Mentally I feel like a 3 year old and a "big boy" but physically its going to take me awhile to figure out how to use my body. I think Cassie has a good line between niceness and boundaries but sometimes needs to be more firm with what she wants from me. I think we make a good team! I enjoy doing groundwork and I feel I will need a lot to help my mind and body connect. Once this happens I'm going to be very athletic! Overall, I feel very healthy and balanced."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. ginster

ginster Senior Member

Happy belated b'day, Sev!!

Alsosusieq2 and XxLiveToRidexX like this.
  5. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

What I want to know, is what did Imp have to say?:rofl:

Sev is looking good! Happy birthday big boy!

tlwidener and XxLiveToRidexX like this.
  6. XxLiveToRidexX

Imp said he is generally sore all over and he wants more bodywork done. He feels he is a teacher and he likes kids. Everything makes him itch but his breathing feels good this year. He loves his shoo fly leggings and his tack. He is a thirsty horse and likes his water, he wouls like electrolytes in the summer. He likes showing. He wants more warm up and cool down time. He wants to slowly taper back his work. And the reason he spooks always in one spot in the arena is a spirit lives there.

7. XxLiveToRidexX

Sev is SO calm for baths it just tickles me pink! With as much hair as I am expecting him to have once full grown I am so glad he enjoys water.

He will be showing in hand on Sunday so got a bath on one of the warm-er days. Threw a cooler on him to help him dry faster. This is one of Imp's who normally wears an 80". It's not all that big on the little boy actually!
    [​IMG]

8. turnnburnlynx

turnnburnlynx Senior Member

He is stunning in the blue and purple

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  9. XxLiveToRidexX

Excellent working in hand today, can't wait for Sunday!

Oh, and I laid over his back today!!! Such a good good baby.

10. XxLiveToRidexX

Did our first show today! We only did the USDF Sport Horse In-Hand class. We took 3rd place which had me a little disappointed cause he moved well for me today. I think by the time June comes around for the next show he is going to look and move like a different horse! I don't think he is ugly by any means but being he just turned 2 he is still super immature and uneven in places. We got our best comments in regards to his hoof quality and his well over-tracking walk. The hoof comment was kind of funny because he had HORRID hooves when I bought him a few months ago, they have been a real work in progress.

Here are the only pictures I could kind of get. He doesn't stand still for much yet! Don't mind his scruffiness - he lives in Minnesota and its been cold enough to snow here for weeks already!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mygirl1197, GONE ROPING, Arem and 7 others like this.