The Adventures of Severus "Sev" (ArabXFriesian dressage prospect)

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by XxLiveToRidexX, Jun 10, 2018.

1. XxLiveToRidexX

XxLiveToRidexX Senior Member

He is only sticking right now at 14.2. I am really hoping for a 16 hand baby, but I'd settle for 15.3 ;) He will be 2 at the end of September. Given he is half Friesian I am expecting him to mature a little slower.

Sev was absolutely AWESOME yesterday. I wish I could have gotten video but I was in a hurry cause I had to get to work. We did our Sport Horse In hand work. Walked over poles, walked over a tarp, and walked over a wooden board. We practiced "lunging" at the walk on a circle. We desensitized to the lunge whip and also a whip with the plastic bag at the end. We also wore the tarp and walked around with it and lastly wore a surcingle!!

My good friend at the barn is super in love with him as well, she kept saying "This is going to make it REALLY hard not to start him early undersaddle" because he takes everything thrown at him like he has been doing it his whole life. I've worked with a few youngsters now and I'm so glad I stumbled across this fellow.

Even if for some reason he doesn't turn out to be the dressage star I am hoping he will be, he is going to make a GREAT riding horse!

2. XxLiveToRidexX

Sev got his first full bath today and did awesome! He stood like a champ for the most part and I was super proud. :)

I think he looks so dang gangly right now!
    [​IMG]

lucky_pine, foxtrot, Bakkir and 8 others like this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

I think he looks super. ;)

XxLiveToRidexX likes this.
  4. XxLiveToRidexX

Sev hasn't been doing anything too exciting this last week. I have an away horse show with Imp this weekend that I am slightly freaking out about, so that's been taking priority. I do have a feeling he's entering a growth spurt right now though!

Larkspade, ginster and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  5. XxLiveToRidexX

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile! Little man has been doing good but does have his naughty opinionated days. Have had to resort to handling him with a chain for awhile as he likes to pull me around at times! We are planning on doing our first sport horse in hand class come October!

[​IMG]

6. PaintedRocket

PaintedRocket Senior Moderator Staff Member

He is too stinkin' cute. Such an intelligent face and expression about him. He's going to be quite the horse!

*Sigh* I miss having a baby horse.

kodemiester and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  7. XxLiveToRidexX

Little man has been going great the last few weeks! Really working the triangle in hand which is vastly improving. He will be showing in hand the first Sunday in October. Always trying to keep things interesting for him so today I had him stand at/around the mounting block and I climbed up it and rubbed all over him. I think he will be quite easy to break, when the time comes!

He has a birthday this Saturday, the big 2! As a special treat I am also having a well known animal communicator come out to read both of the horses. Should be interesting!

[​IMG]

8. mooselady

mooselady Senior Member

Happy Birthday Sev, handsome boy..

Let us know what she says, I'm assuming the communicator is a woman, now I am wondering why I assume that!!!

9. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

happy birthday Sev

XxLiveToRidexX likes this.
  10. turnnburnlynx

turnnburnlynx Senior Member

He is gorgeous. I remember the baby picture and I wasn't like.. super impressed, but good golly I love him