The Adventures of Severus "Sev" (ArabXFriesian dressage prospect)

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by XxLiveToRidexX, Jun 10, 2018.

1. XxLiveToRidexX

XxLiveToRidexX Senior Member

Sev went out to pasture today with a group of geldings. He managed to hold his own pretty darn well given we have a few that are quite frankly, nasty mean. He is a quick little guy and smart about space.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kodemiester

kodemiester Senior Member

He is taller than Ace already. :rofl: Looking forwards to watching him grow!

Alsosusieq2 and XxLiveToRidexX like this.
  3. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

He's got a lot of growing to do and will fill out great. Love that mirrored photo.

XxLiveToRidexX likes this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Look forward to seeing the journey. At two, with his breeding the next three years he'll blossom. Glad he managed and handled the herd well!!

XxLiveToRidexX likes this.
  5. XxLiveToRidexX

Brought him in and worked with him some more today. I'm bummed because he did end up with a pretty big chip in one of his hind hooves sometime between yesterday and today. He unfortunately has not had routine 6-8 week trimming AND is not wonderful about picking up his hind legs nicely. He either hops all around on 3 legs or pulls and pushes his leg in and out...

I have my farrier coming out next Friday and am praying that he behaves so she can start getting him on the track to healthy feet!

6. XxLiveToRidexX

Brought him in again today and overall he did stand better in the crossties. Handled his feet again and a tiny bit better but still unpredictable...haha

I made the decision to give him a little dorm gel when the farrier is out next Friday as he really needs a GOOD trim and I don't want her to feel like she needs to half a** the trim for safety reasons.