The Adventures of not-so-baby, Charlie.

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Circle C, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Yes.. I was going to play un HUS with him, but he looked and felt horrible english. Then I was going to send him for some reining training so I could do some ranch pleasure with him next year, but he REALLY wants to be a barrel horse. He is getting more forward (in a good way) and he loves to run. No sense in making him do something he will probably hate.

2. barrel_racer64

barrel_racer64 Senior Member

He is looking good! I still haven't actually tried my BOT pad liner... I always use my LT one when I ride Hope. Remi will get to use one or both when she comes home as well. I'm thinking about selling the BOT and getting a pad liner similar to the Hansbo pads (they don't have western:cry:) and possibly some Hansbo bell boots since you like yours so well. I have some BOT sports boots I need to try out on someone as well at some point:rolleyes::ROFLMAO: Or I might sell them and get something else that wont be as likely to get hot.

3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Looky what we have here ! This little thing was removed today along with its twin . received_2127241710898073.jpeg

Alsosusieq2, ginster and Arem like this.
  4. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Charlie gave a lesson to a semi-beginner rider last night and they both did very well. He's such a good boy.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. barrel_racer64

He is always a good boy, we would expect nothing less from him!:ROFLMAO: Can you have him tell Remi she needs to take a chill pill? Lol, I watched the trainer ride her last night, ride 11 for her I think, and she was good, but um, a little crazy compared to Angel Boy:rofl:

GONE ROPING, Alsosusieq2 and Arem like this.
  6. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

hahaha She'll get there.... but remember.. she's a MARE :ROFLMAO:

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  7. barrel_racer64

Lol, I am starting to remember why we always had geldings growing up! Part of me is sad I broke that cycle:rofl::rofl: She is not just a mare, she is ALL Mare:rolleyes: 1 week and counting until I leave for my clinic with her though, so fingers crossed she settles well on the trip!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  8. Arem

Arem Senior Member

I love mares. Mares are awesome. :rofl:

9. barrel_racer64

Now that I've had mares, I do actually like them... My dad is still firmly of the opinion that mares are the devil. :rofl::rofl: They make up half the herd between me, dad, and brother-in-law:rolleyes:

GONE ROPING and Arem like this.
  10. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

Oh, they def are the devil hahahaha

I have had some GOOD mares over the years tho... ones that acted like geldings. I LIKE those lol