The 2017 Barrel Racing Thread - Share your runs!

Discussion in 'Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions' started by QHriderKE, May 18, 2017.

1. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

Okie dokie all you can smashers, share your runs from this season here!! I love seeing everyone progress over the season! Also, what are your goals for this season?

Personally, I want to make it into the 1D somewhat consistently this year, and get a young horse going on the pattern to exhibition by the end of the season!

Here are my first 3 runs from this Spring so far, they've landed us in the middle/top of the 2D which is great for us both having roughly 8 months off. Just now working on getting some more air into the ol' Squiggers! These runs are all at the same jackpot series, the pattern is monsterous!!!

Peanut Palomino likes this.
  2. SparkleDust

SparkleDust Senior Member

I'm so excited about this thread! Squiggs is looking good! Under 30 seconds--that's pretty spectacular for a big pattern like that!

I'm getting my new barrel prospect within the next couple of weeks here so my goal is to get him/her trained on the pattern and enter a local race or two. I'm hoping s/he'll be to Squigg's level by October, maybe NFR come December. :p Hahaha I wish, more likely I'll just be getting my horse used to the show environment.

I don't have any runs yet this year. Maybe I'll come back and post some videos of training I do this summer, though. :)

QHriderKE likes this.
  3. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

Still waiting to see where we placed and I didn't hear the time either, lol.
    I just let her cruise through and pick her own pace, and just concerned myself with getting her set up better.

Pony123 and Larkspade like this.
  4. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

Pulled our first 1D check yesterday, I'm so thankful for this horse. Good things come to those who work their butts off and that's a fact!

DelP and Larkspade like this.
  5. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

My favorite pictures from the weekend! :heartbeat:
    Dees2017_1621_fb.jpg Dees2017_1613_fb.jpg Dees2017_1617_fb.jpg

SparkleDust, Nitro17, Pony123 and 2 others like this.
  6. slc

slc Senior Member

If I did that I'd have the runs.

noreins and QHriderKE like this.
  7. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

I don't have any videos yet, but hopefully soon. I am still getting my gelding worked out.

QHriderKE likes this.
  8. SoutherngirlBR

SoutherngirlBR Full Member

I placed in the 1D for the first time and to make it even better I landed at the top of it (4th place)
    Last time I was in this arena I ran a 17.0 then we come back and slice .6 seconds off of it to get a 16.4! Half a second off the winner :)

Anyone have any tips for me? I screwed up the second barrel because I lifted my hand all the way up to my face:eek2:

9. Larkspade

Larkspade Senior Member

Um make the video viewable? Or am I the only one who can't see it?

QHriderKE likes this.
  10. QHriderKE

QHriderKE Senior Member

@SoutherngirlBR Yeah, the video doesn't work. Check your privacy setting!