Thanks truck

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by cschattner, Sep 30, 2018.

1. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

So truck died again and I thought it was the fuel pump. Nope it was the starter module.........again.
    Good news is that the part is warrantied since it lasted all of 11months. So yay, I just have to file all the receipts for a reimbursement.
    Of course Susan the truck had another trick up his prissy princess rear. A **** oil leak and today he threw in my odometer breaking. So I'm now going threw how to videos on taking apart the dash and trying to get a new back up vehicle so I can really dig into the trucks problems without having to put it back together right away.
    Prince Susan needs to knock it off.

The replacement vehicle option is going in for the mechanic pre purchase exam tomorrow. It's a jeep.

Alsosusieq2 and Arem like this.
  2. Shmee

Shmee Senior Member

Ugh. I’m sorry this stuff keeps happening to you.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  3. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

It's fine just irritating.
    Jeep did not pass the mechanic.
    So I went and looked at another jeep. 04 jeep grand Cherokee limited sport. Has all the extras including leather/heated seats. He wanted $3,750 but I offered $3500 cash and he took it. After taxes and registration it's $3999.10. I pick it up tomorrow. It's nicer then I thought and now Susan prissy pants can get gutted.

SEAmom, Arem and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  4. slc

slc Senior Member

I hope the new vehicle does better.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

It would be nice but ya know my luck is about as good as the Hindenburg.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Funny enough when I was talking to the owner (private dealership) he saw Susan and asked if the truck was mine and after I said yes he tried to buy it off me. I shut him down since Susan is my baby/dream truck after all the mechanical crap is taken care of. He tried again when I called him about checking the fluids on the jeep. Still not for sale buddy.

Arem and Alsosusieq2 like this.
  7. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Good. Sorry this happened, but hopefully you've a good ride now.

8. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

It would be nice if 1 vehicle didn't implode. I don't know why I have such a hard time with this. I don't torture them, I get pre purchase checks before buying and I do basic maintenance. I don't even go off road with my vehicles. Biggest off road adventure Susan has had was the Ren Fair grass parking lot.
    Thankfully I just received a chunk of change from my benefits so I can afford the back up vehicle. My FB is name suggestions for the jeep. Nothing promising yet.

Alsosusieq2 and Arem like this.
  9. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

I know you love "Susan", but "Susan" clearly isn't an "easy keeper" and is costing you an arm, a leg and probably some other body parts you'd rather not be without...

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. cschattner

cschattner Senior Member

Ya I know but now Susan is just going to chill. I will deal with him as time allows. It is so weird driving a lower vehicle again. I feel short.

Arem and Alsosusieq2 like this.