Tell Me Your Thoughts...Selling My LQ

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by emali06, Dec 6, 2018.

1. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

My husband doesn't really want to deal with the maintenance of 2 trailers. We already have enough STUFF lol

I don't want to deal with the extra length. I'm capable but lacking motivation. My truck/trailer combo is already long enough.

Ideally a weekender with a shower/toilet would be great. I NEVER use the stove or microwave and a cooler is great as a fridge substitute. Its mostly the toilet that I love.

2. palimino57

palimino57 Senior Member

Get a weekender for sleeping and a portable camping toilet :) it's what we do while our new exiss is built. Handy and it's a few shows before needing dumping and can pop it in horse area when you are using living. And a cowboy shower ie shower in horse bay

stardozer likes this.
  3. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

4. Jim_in_PA

Jim_in_PA Senior Moderator Staff Member

Well...you can always put the pony/mini in the LQ in a pinch. LOL :D :D :D

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  5. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

I would buy a cheap stock trailer. Maintenance on them isn't bad at all.... Scoop poop after each trip, check tire pressure, pack hubs once a year. Done.

Plus the stock trailer will be handy for hauling stuff like hay or ATVs or other small livestock..... even furniture.

6. Circle C

Circle C Senior Member

My post was supposed to say...

So, what exactly are you asking for opinions for then?? I'm sort of confused.... A longer trailer is actually easier to maneuver vs a short one, imo.

7. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

I definitely would in an emergency! Odette gets nervous runs when in a trailer so you can imagine the state of my LQ after that.:poop::rofl:

I'm one of those people that gets rid of things that we don't use within a certain amount of time. I just don't see how I could live with myself having 2 trailers that are used a handful of times per year. Its just not practical. I don't have small livestock to move, and we have a big flat bed trailer for hay. I'm always on my husbands case about being a hoarder so I know he would be nothing but annoying if I got a second (well 3rd actually because we still have my 2 horse BP). :crazy2:

Thinking out loud with others opinions. Feel free to not comment if you don't want to :)

Its not the rig length that I'm terribly concerned about but rather than the environment that we live in. VERY few people here have longer trailers than I already have and those that do, have sold them or don't use them locally due to our environment and not being able to drive them comfortably.

8. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

How does a cowboy shower work and not destroy the trailer floor? I've always wondered but never asked.

9. emali06

emali06 Senior Member

Also if you think about it, my goals have changed significantly with horses. I purchased the LQ when I was still pursuing endurance. Now if I show at bigger shows, they come with shower facilities.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  10. equinitis

equinitis Senior Member

I understand not wanting to deal with extra length but a 3H with a weekend package is only going to be 3' longer. Just the width of
    one stall. Ours is 36' long but has a huge LQ with a 14' short wall. If you stick with a weekender, and/or a 4' short wall, you will not increase the overall length that much. We have a collapsible rear tack which does not add to the length like a mid tack will. We can collapse the tack and haul 4 animals in our 3h.

You did not say if your current trailer is a bumper pull or not. A GN is a lot more maneuverable than a bumper pull and the extra stall will make even less difference in the length if you are going from bumper to GN. Goose Neck (GN), not 5th wheel, a 5th wheel is a little different as far as maneuverability than a GN.

I'm just saying to check out your options. You can look on line and see what the different options on pretty easily.

tlwidener and emali06 like this.