TDW, The Life and Times, Third Edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peanut Palomino, Aug 8, 2015.

1. DelP

DelP Senior Member

:cautious: Important question.... which ending?

2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Not sure, I just rented it. It's a wide-screen director's cut. Love it-!!

DelP likes this.
  3. DelP

DelP Senior Member

It's one of my Fav movies. Have you seen the TV series at all?

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  4. Alsosusieq2

No, I didn't even know there was one-!! It's a hilarious movie, no wonder it's a favorite.;)

5. DelP

DelP Senior Member

It is finally done! VW bought back my Diesel. I started the process last September and now finally end of April it is done! Sad thing is I liked the car, but the buyback process was such a pain and the people running it were so dishonest that I'm pretty soured on VW. I should have the EFT Wednesday and then go pick up my new car next weekend.

This is the first time I've been without a car in 25 years! It feels really weird.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  6. Alsosusieq2

Slept twelve hours straight and almost didn't get up as it felt like it was only a few till I looked at the clock. Hard sleep, like a rock and great dreams, kinda makes you not want to get up. Anyway, kind of glad but the day's fairly gone. Cuppa coffee even at this hour for me.;)

7. Alsosusieq2

Going to bed pretty soon. Ran through another night of not sleeping then someone was knocking on my door when I tried to lay down. By the time I got to the door, they were gone. No coffee for me, sleep.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  8. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

Not looking forward to this weekend at all! We have a double judged horse show which neither myself nor my daughter are even close to be ready for. We have had no time to ride between track/wrestling/bad weather and whatever else gets thrown at me, but we have to go or will basically be out of the running for year end high point and in my daughter's case, she might not qualify for the state 4H horse show. I am not certain they still require the kids to go to other events besides the county horse show but I can't take that chance. I am also annoyed that they are now requiring all the kids to be "qualified" at a level 2 before being allowed to go to state. So what does that mean? It means we now have to pay another $35 for the book to let us know what she needs to be able to do (what the level 2 requirements are) and we have to pay another $35 so she can do the qualifying at a local arena. They are making everyone that rides there buy an annual membership even if that is the only time they will ever ride at that arena. So $70 extra just so she can show at the state horse show. I don't understand why they won't waive that requirement for any of the kids that have actually placed at state in the last few years. Clearly she is qualified to go, I mean she was Reserve Champion in reining, western riding, 5th in SMS, 4th in trail and made the finals in the other 2 events she did. Heck, she was 4th overall just 3 points out of Reserve Champion High Point! If that doesn't show you are qualified, nothing does!

It is also the weekend of my SIL's Celebration of Life, so lots of family staying with us and I know my husband will get very drunk which leaves me to deal with everything. In addition, we should know something more about my mother's cancer on Friday after her biopsy. I am not looking forward to dealing with all of these people as most of them love Trump and always want to talk about it. I loath the man and I am disgusted that most of the people I know actually voted for the idiot. In addition my sister will probably be there and I will have to listen to her ***** about how I want to take her daughter to Montana to see our mother one last time. Yep, I am the bad guy in that situation, not certain why but I am sure it will happen, it always does. I had to actually convince my mother that she did need to tell my sister about the cancer returning. At first she wasn't going to say anything to her which is NOT a good idea. When my sister finds out, she will be mad at everyone, 1)for waiting to tell her 2)for asking if her daughter can go see mom 3)because she is a crazy lunie tune!

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  9. Alsosusieq2

Hope it isn't too stressful. I've not talked to my sister recently. She'd assumed I'd voted for Trump, idk why and we just stopped talking. I know, it's kind of hard to understand why they did myself too. :(

Bounce back later, mostly slept today.

10. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

Took my 4 year old nephew to play with the horses the other day. He's being bullied at his daycare and he thinks he's too little to stand up for himself. I wanted him to see that if he's not too little to make a giant animal listen to him, he's definitely not too little to stand up to his bully. He spent a couple hours with her, on the ground and riding her, and when we left, he told me, "Auntie... Vanna liked me, right? She was nice to me and she even licked me! I don't think she'd be nice to (bully's name here) and I'm going to tell him that. I'm going to say that he should be nice or else no one will like him."

This morning, I guess he was bragging to all his daycare friends about how he got to feed "real horses" and how his auntie let him run with "wild horses". I'd like to mention that the collective age in the field where my horses live has got to be at least 200... they're all seniors. He brought a bag of carrots for them and when they heard the bag open, every single one trotted up and very carefully stood in a circle around him while he handed out treats. Even though I shouldn't be surprised, it always amazes me just how careful horses are with children.

A couple pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]