1. JOIN the world's largest horse forum! Chat and learn from other experts about horse training, breeding, health, showing, riding, contests and use our free horse classifieds. Register Here

TDW, The Life and Times, Third Edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peanut Palomino, Aug 8, 2015.

1. JinxedDream

JinxedDream Senior Member

I want to go riding. My horse wants to kill me.

Stressed with this move and work, school and everything else. I hope it all works out, going to miss my BF like crazy. Why canèt we move BFs like horses... would be easier!

2. Squeaksmom

Squeaksmom Senior Member

At the Mane Event this weekend. Hopefully I can find a bridle I like for a decent price! Other than that not much going on... working and trying to get my ducks in a row for school in the fall mainly.

3. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Jealous! I wish I was going....but I am stucking manning the store. And I don't want to drive down tomorrow when I am still getting over this death cold I have had.

4. Squeaksmom

Squeaksmom Senior Member

@uncanny580 you know what's funny? I bought a bridle I adore today... from you guys. Yup, you're like 15 minutes from my house but I drove to Red Deer to buy a bridle from you!

5. uncanny580

uncanny580 Senior Member

Haha that's too funny ! It could have been new too. Which one did you buy ?

6. Arem

Arem Senior Member

My first ever Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament was yesterday!

Had so much fun watching the guys compete and watching my coach bounce around coaching everyone.

I did great! My first ever match I won by cross collar choke. I choked her *out* :eek: High fives and fist bumps from all the guys and comments on how they wish they'd choked someone unconscious in their first ever competition matches. :LOL: We're strange people. (She was fine, by the way. No damage done getting put out by BJJ chokes. Blood choke. You just take a short nap)

2nd match (different opponent), adrenaline got the better of me, by I still did awesome. I lost, got tapped with an arm lock, but I worked my way out of several tough spots before I got caught so I'm really proud of my effort. It was a fantastic fight!

3rd match for 3rd place (different opponent again) could have gone either way at any point but ultimately I got tapped with a choke. If I had held out any longer trying to defend, *I* would probably have gone out lol But there was no chance of getting out anymore so I tapped. Both of us felt awesome about that fight at the end. It was great!

So yeah, won one, lost two. Winning was awesome, but I'm actually more thrilled with my performance in the two that I lost! Which is saying a lot.

I'm ready for the next one!:charge:

sunset878 and Sam C. like this.
  7. Squeaksmom

Squeaksmom Senior Member

The black square raised Waldhausen with the light brown/champagne crystals. I think it's going to look stunning with her dun colour, and it's not wide enough to overwhelm her delicate face. So many of them are like 3" wide at the noseband, and I think that would leave her looking like a kid dressing up in her mom's clothes lol.

8. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

After all the drama of my non-paying client, I wasn't feeling very happy about my career choice. But then I realized how wonderful my other clients are. In the last few days, I've spoken with 4 potential clients, 3 of which were referrals from my ongoing projects. I swear, my clients are better than any form of advertising I could possibly do for myself.

Faith in this industry is restored.

JinxedDream likes this.
  9. StarPattern

StarPattern Senior Member

And because I'm a big giant nerd: I got a new maintenance client today and after she paid her invoice, I went ahead and installed security stuff on her website. Apparently, not a moment too soon - it stopped 4 low-range hack attempts less than 2 minutes after it was installed. Those crazy Russians and their attempts to log into sites that aren't theirs.

10. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Slept like a ton, amazing and rested for a change. I just put on the classic Army of Darkness and getting ready to enjoy-!! Popcorn and feet up, ready to laugh. :)