TDW, The Life and Times, Third Edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Peanut Palomino, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Squeaksmom

Squeaksmom Senior Member

It's snowing again *sigh*. Yes, it's normal for here. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Alsosusieq2 likes this.
  2. Alsosusieq2

Alsosusieq2 Senior Member

Snowing-!! Yeah, I wouldn't like that either.;)

3. Squeaksmom

Squeaksmom Senior Member

Happy Easter!

4. DelP

DelP Senior Member

Happy Easter! It's been a busy weekend for us already. Finally got dry enough to get the horse trailer out of the barn and get the poo wagon dumped. We didn't work Friday so we switched our fences to the spring/summer configuration and got some basic maintenance done.

Today we got some of the winter hair stripped from the horses and we are waiting for the vet to do the horse's normal spring maintenance. Then dinner tonight with friends.

Now we just need a day warm enough to bathe the horses and we are set!

Sam C. likes this.
  5. Alsosusieq2

This is the first day I've woken up without a fever. Feels good, but I go to the doctor day after tomorrow. Busy day. Hope everyone had a great Easter holiday.:)

6. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

7. Alsosusieq2

bnttyra likes this.
  8. bnttyra

bnttyra Senior Member

I am feeling really positive for the first time in a really long time. I feel like I have been in this dark cave for so long and now can finally see some sun light. Not certain why, but my gut is telling me that everything will be ok. Financially, we should be out from under the stress from the layoffs that occurred now 7 years ago in just 9 more months. That is HUGE! I can't believe it has taken this long but regardless, we can see an end to it.

I backed off of riding and showing for the last now almost 8 months. Would still ride but it was more for fun and I haven't put high goals on myself like I normally do. I do want to get back into it, but only when it feels right. We have a show next weekend and I signed up but might only do a few of the classes, not all I signed up for, we shall see. I just needed a break from putting so much pressure on myself to do everything.

I took the time and re-did the basement like I have always wanted to do. Both kids rooms have been redone and the main area is now the movie theater room and it came out so nice. I love it and so do the kids! Still have a few small things to finish up but most is done. That got me motivated to work on other things around the house that I have been neglecting. We cleaned up the property and started making dump runs so it is looking so much better. I still need to clean out my tack room and make about 4 more dump runs but it is starting to look nice again. This weekend we don't have anything planned so we are working on the back yard and I have so many good ideas I can't wait to get going on it. Plants to plant, duck area to clean up, roses to trim and so much more. DD is having her birthday party in the back yard so we need to get it cleaned up for that as well as for when we have family here for my SIL's celebration of life in a few weeks.

Work has been going fine, stressful at times, but I somehow get thru it. I am anxious to start working on the back yard but won't be able to do anything until tomorrow after work but I have been looking at some fun and neat ideas.

How cute is this idea?
    [​IMG]
    Or this?
    [​IMG]

9. Alsosusieq2

Love that first one bnntyrra-!! I used to do my own too since we had a landscaping sideline. I'd get a big pot and put a spiked grass in the middle and red geraniums with the draping green plants in a few spots for the overflow around the edge. Can't remember what they were called though, but they last through the summer. Similar care for all plants you pot together is just the rule of thumb.

Low key day here. Went to the doc Tues and got back late so got my prescriptions yesterday. Can't tell anything yet. From what I remember sinus infections take a while to heal. Had one a few years ago that wouldn't improve and had to have surgery, but fingers crossed here. Makes you tired.

10. Peanut Palomino

Peanut Palomino Senior Member

Roxy's agility training is going great! I even signed her up for an additional class (same class, same trainer, different day) so that we can train twice a week. My trainer really likes her. She's going to be a fast one!