Tall Boot sizing troubles

Discussion in 'Tack & Equipment' started by Dannyboy628, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Dannyboy628

Dannyboy628 Full Member

I have been struggling to find tall boots for quite some time now because I am an unusual case. I have feet size 7-7.5 (38) but short legs and slim calves. I am on a budget but Ariat Heritage Field Boots Size 7 short slim fit decently well. I was hoping not to spend $300 if there are other options. What are some good places to look for used tall boots with variety? Or does anyone have any old tall boots similar to this they are willing to sell? (Sorry if this is the wrong place)
    Thank you

2. 250girl

250girl Senior Member

Facebook ! With some patience and abusing the search bar , I bought both of my Ariat boots for half , or just over half, of the new price. One pair was barely used and the other was brand new, tags on.

3. E90Style

E90Style Senior Member

If you can't find tall boots and want to resort to ariat lace up boots and ariat half chaps. I paid $350 for the set. I'd sell for $125. Excellent condition. Size 7.5 and size S.

4. hamerface

hamerface Senior Member

Short tall boots are very easy to find if you shop in Europe or the UK. Look online.

5. CJ

CJ Senior Member

Do they have a to zip? I have a Nice pair, but they dont zip.
    I have my moms unused field boots avail.Shes 5'3? and they are sz 7 range, have a 12" circ calf. Theyre unmarked but box writing says Derdau GP, and they match DD screen pics.
    She bought the saddle & boots but never took the lessons. The boots were lil too small and saddle lil too large for me to make use of.

6. tlwidener

tlwidener Senior Member

7. Fancy That

Fancy That Senior Member

I'm a normal shoe size 7 (so maybe smaller than you) with a slim calf, slim ankle and somewhat short calf.....I find the Mountain Horse in size 6 regular height and regular calf fit very well! The run big (so what they say is size 6, is really size 7)

I have an extra pair in black, I'd be willing to let go of, too. They are the Supremes. Bought for $500 (you can find them on clearance for less now but they stopped making them here, so it would be very limited sizes you'd find)

BEST BOOTS EVER. I have two other pairs :) I love them so much

tlwidener likes this.
  8. Dannyboy628

Dannyboy628 Full Member

Thanks CJ!
    I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm 4'11 so I am talking seriously short legs. They do not have to zip but 17in is about the absolute highest i can go (leaving room for ankle drop). How much would you want for them?

9. Dannyboy628

Dannyboy628 Full Member

250girl- I have been abusing the eBay search bar but have not tried facebook-- I think I'll have to try that in a minute :)
    E90Style- Unfortunately I need these tall boots for IEA and they have very strict requirements, otherwise I would happily take you up on your offer ;)
    hamerface- could you specify any brands... Tredstep do not quite fit me, I found a pair of Sergio Grassa used that fit me wonderfully but were $700... im really hoping for something more affordable :)
    Fancy that- If you could send me measurements I would be very interested. Any pricepoint?

E90Style likes this.
  10. CJ

CJ Senior Member

I can measure height tonite.
    Box is still tagged $189 and marked 1/2 off. Theyre unused, if you could do $90 that would be great. Or pm me & lets chat. I may have pic w boots & saddle on me/ phone...